Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is Nesquik Gluten-free?

4 posts in this topic

I live in the UK and I can't for the life of me find anything about gluten on the packaging. It has glucose syrup in it which apparently can sometimes be made of wheat.

I mean Nesquik milkshake powder.

Does anyone have any idea and is it safer for me to chuck it?

Thanks

Ads by Google:

in the US i know the powder is NOT...don't know about the UK...

I live in the UK and I can't for the life of me find anything about gluten on the packaging. It has glucose syrup in it which apparently can sometimes be made of wheat.

I mean Nesquik milkshake powder.

Does anyone have any idea and is it safer for me to chuck it?

Thanks

According to the Clan Thompson Food Smartlist, Newquik Syrup (all flavors) and ready-to-drink milk (all flavors) ARE GLUTEN FREE. No mention of the powder. Clan Thompson generally is relevant to both Canada and US, but not UK necessarily.

Here's the info from the Nestle/Nesquik homepage on the powder. It APPEARS to be gluten-free and this is their Global/International Site and talks about Swiss stuff too.

INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SOY LECITHIN, SALT, ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL FLAVORS, MALTODEXTRIN.

VITAMINS AND MINERALS: CALCIUM CARBONATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), ZINC OXIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), COPPER GLUCONATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, BIOTIN.

MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES MILK AND SOY.

kosher_d.gif

Nutritional Information current as of January 5, 2006.

NEW_LABEL_Nesquik_Choc_48oz.jpg

I don't even know, what Nesquik milkshake powder is, never even heard of it. And I'm an absolute Nesquik fan. I drank it in Germany, while still living there, and now here. I only know about the syrup and the chocolate milk and strawberry milk drink from Nesquik.