1 reply to this topic

#1 par18

par18

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:00 AM

Watching the British Open golf championship this morning. Mention was made of the "undiagnosed" mystery illness of the now famous Frenchman Jean van de Velde. Among the symptoms were anemia and joint and muscle pain. Could it be the elusive Celiac or maybe Lyme? Comment was made that originally the problem was thought to be food posioning (trigger?). Will be interested in what doctors find. The only thing that may be going for him if it is related to gluten is that he is in Europe where the diagnosing rate is somewhat better.

Tom

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_maybe I have celiac_*

Guest_maybe I have celiac_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

Watching the British Open golf championship this morning. Mention was made of the "undiagnosed" mystery illness of the now famous Frenchman Jean van de Velde. Among the symptoms were anemia and joint and muscle pain. Could it be the elusive Celiac or maybe Lyme? Comment was made that originally the problem was thought to be food posioning (trigger?). Will be interested in what doctors find. The only thing that may be going for him if it is related to gluten is that he is in Europe where the diagnosing rate is somewhat better.

Tom

Tom,

I thought the same thing myself when I saw that bit, I dont know if you saw the commercial about his collapse, but I have pasted the description of it from Wikipedia:

Van de Velde made light of his 1999 Open collapse in a humorous Never Compromise infomercial in which he replayed Carnoustie's 18th hole in the dead of winter with only the company's brand putter in an attempt to best the seven strokes that cost him the championship. He succeeded on his third attempt.

At least he took the collapse in stride, maybe that is what happened to Sabbatini when he crashed this past weekend against Tiger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: