19 replies to this topic

#16 ElenaDragon

ElenaDragon

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

I found some gluten-free oyster sauce at my local Whole Foods - I think it is the Choy Sun.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

Slayer Spice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

Dear Julie,
You are so welcome! They are delicious! Thai Kitchen and A Taste of Thai both make them. I think they are actually the same company, but go by different titles at times. Those will fill you up!

Dear Elena,
Choy Sun is the brand made by Lee Kum Kee. You probably could find it at a mainstream grocery. Some Asian markets carry it, too. That would be less expensive. Whole Foods charges a lot more. We do not have one here, but I know some other people said their items are higher even if they are the same brand as in the regular store.

Sincerely,
NoGluGirl
Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985
Asthma - 1994
Ovarian Cyst - May 1999
Anemia - 2000
4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000
Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative
Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy
Fibromyalgia - June 2001
IBS - June 2001
Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.
Thyroid Disease - August 2004
Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

#18 ElenaDragon

ElenaDragon

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:25 AM

Dear Julie,
You are so welcome! They are delicious! Thai Kitchen and A Taste of Thai both make them. I think they are actually the same company, but go by different titles at times. Those will fill you up!

Dear Elena,
Choy Sun is the brand made by Lee Kum Kee. You probably could find it at a mainstream grocery. Some Asian markets carry it, too. That would be less expensive. Whole Foods charges a lot more. We do not have one here, but I know some other people said their items are higher even if they are the same brand as in the regular store.

Sincerely,
NoGluGirl

I actually looked at my regular grocery store first and did not find any gluten free oyster sauce. Since I use very little of it, one bottle lasts me a long time. :)

#19 NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

Slayer Spice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:54 PM

Dear Elena,
That is good it lasts a while! It is so odd how one store might carry something, and then another does not. I do not know why that is. We have some mainstream stores that do not carry things many of the same stores in other cities do. At our Super Wal-Mart, they do not always carry the same stuff. That drives me crazy! They might not have something for weeks or months, and then it will pop up again.

Sincerely,
NoGluGirl
Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985
Asthma - 1994
Ovarian Cyst - May 1999
Anemia - 2000
4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000
Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative
Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy
Fibromyalgia - June 2001
IBS - June 2001
Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.
Thyroid Disease - August 2004
Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

#20 PinkFloydPanda

PinkFloydPanda

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

I know that this discussion is 6 years old, but I wanted to let anyone reading it know that there is a gluten free oyster sauce:

Wok Mei Natural Oyster Sauce (Organic and Gluten Free):

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000I617RG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: