2 replies to this topic

#1 boredinindianagirl

boredinindianagirl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:47 PM

i just started my gluten-free diet recently, and am wondering if anyone else here has graves disease like me..thanks alot ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LUAP

LUAP

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 11:08 AM

graves disease caused because of a low thyroid hormone level. i don't have that disease but i stick to my doctor since they removed my thyroid and gave me synthroid instead. if the level si to low, i'm gonna get it, or another disease related to low or high tsh on a to long period of time. coeliac people can get that disease because of the absorbtion problem that comes along celiac disease.
Canada
Where the health cares are free, but where the doctors worry more about their bank account than the health of their patients.
gluten-free since april 2003
On the no grain diet (Mercola) and initial phase diet (kaufmann) since january 2005. healthy since january 2005

#3 fpd

fpd

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 05:14 AM

Graves Disease = Hyperactive Thyroid= Overactive Thyroid= TOO MUCH THYROID HORMONE

Is is not Hypothyroid

Many Thyroid patients be they Graves Disease or Hashimotos also suffer Coeliac

Its thought that the coeliac Disease triggers the Thyroid Disease but no one really knows

My husband started with Graves Disease ........now has Hashimotos .......also has Osteoporosis yet definitely no Coeliac

Our grandaughter age 3 does have Coeliac Disease although her Mother (our daughter) and her husband and their son do not have Coeliac

My sister and my Mother probably do have Coeliac though

So the inherited pattern is weird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: