3 replies to this topic

#1 whitelacegal

whitelacegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:30 AM

Does anyone else ever have sores on there back? I can never seem to clear these up very good? WHat does DH look like if you have it on your back is it possible? :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Pegster

Pegster

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:21 PM

I have an itchy rash that I get on my upper back. It drives me nuts, but I'm not sure if it's DH or just some other awful rash that has flared up. It's red with tiny bumps.
PEGGY
Positive DH biopsy 4/19/04

#3 num1habsfan

num1habsfan

Prairie field, possibly the best picture I've taken!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:32 PM

I have an itchy rash that I get on my upper back. It drives me nuts, but I'm not sure if it's DH or just some other awful rash that has flared up. It's red with tiny bumps.

I have this too..bras just seem to EAT the rash. I read up on DH.and it says that when you eat gluten, it inflames the rash..And that staying gluten-free helps control it..so it could be why we dont have it bad..
My rash goes from mid back all the way to my neck and part of my face. and the whole chest area. Its scabbing from me sratching so much. I was put on some meds for the rash--they didnt work. I assume its DH because I never had this rash until I developed celiac disease..
~lisa~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...
...26 years old...
...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

#4 kvogt

kvogt

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 07:23 PM

Milk makes me itch now. I've had a large patch of eczema on my calf for about 20 years. I noticed that milk caused me sinus congestion. I dropped milk to see if it would help. Now after a couple of months, the eczema is clearing up - after 20 years! I also have a patch on my back that gets a little "bubbly" that itchs on and off. I think it's soy that causes this. I had myself tested by York and found milk and soy (among other things) are a problem for me. Gluten never game me any skin problems, but milk and soy do. You might get tested or try giving up these things for a few months to see what happens. I believe the skin recovery time is much slower than the gut recovery time. Don't expect too much too quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: