Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Anchorage Alaska And Gluten-free?

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone traveled or is from Anchorage? I am taking my celiac 5 year old and wanted to know where to shop for gluten-free stuff when I get there? I am covered for the plane ride but we are traveling to Seward and doing all the fun touristy things. I am hoping to just go shopping when we get there rather than packing a extra suitcase with food- Any ideas or names of markets/ resta/grocery places that I need to find?

Thanks

Thank goodness she likes fish!

Theresa

Ads by Google:
Has anyone traveled or is from Anchorage? I am taking my celiac 5 year old and wanted to know where to shop for gluten-free stuff when I get there? I am covered for the plane ride but we are traveling to Seward and doing all the fun touristy things. I am hoping to just go shopping when we get there rather than packing a extra suitcase with food- Any ideas or names of markets/ resta/grocery places that I need to find?

Thanks

Thank goodness she likes fish!

Theresa

I do know of a pretty decent natural foods store in midtown Anch, but not sure of the name right now. (I have a celiac niece in Anchor, dx 3 yrs ago) Using YahooYellowPages should find it easily. (I'd do it but I'm surfing on a phone) [Aw heck, I haven't talked to them in a while so I called. The food store is Natural Pantry, but there's also a good section w/ gluten-free at the big chain store FredMeyer's. There's an Outback in Anch and an actual Thai restaurant that uses gluten-free soy sauce!! My 11yr old celiac niece LOVES the Thai Curry there and insists it's not spicy and would only come spicy if requested. The default is mild enough for an 11yr old. Maybe not for a 5yr old. The place is called Chang Mei.(sp?)]

Back to Natural Pantry:

I know they have my brown-rice tortillas.

Niece Aileen days great cookies and asstd snacks like pretzels etc and frozen pizzas (not that that does YOU any good) and hmmmmm what else did she say? Anyway it seems to have a good variety of gluten-free.

I highly doubt Seward has a specific natural foods store, but I'm sure many fresh raw ingred are available all over.

It should be easy enough to hit that Anch store b4 heading down the Kenai.

In fact, I believe it's not far from the airport. (It's not a stretch to think you're renting a car and driving to Seward is it?)

I could get Anch restaurant suggestions if you'd like. :) [done!]

I don't know Seward well enough, but I'd bet any non-fast-food place will do well w/ a simple fish dish.

I do know of a pretty decent natural foods store in midtown Anch, but not sure of the name right now. (I have a celiac niece in Anchor, dx 3 yrs ago) Using YahooYellowPages should find it easily. (I'd do it but I'm surfing on a phone) [Aw heck, I haven't talked to them in a while so I called. The food store is Natural Pantry, but there's also a good section w/ gluten-free at the big chain store FredMeyer's. There's an Outback in Anch and an actual Thai restaurant that uses gluten-free soy sauce!! My 11yr old celiac niece LOVES the Thai Curry there and insists it's not spicy and would only come spicy if requested. The default is mild enough for an 11yr old. Maybe not for a 5yr old. The place is called Chang Mei.(sp?)]

Back to Natural Pantry:

I know they have my brown-rice tortillas.

Niece Aileen days great cookies and asstd snacks like pretzels etc and frozen pizzas (not that that does YOU any good) and hmmmmm what else did she say? Anyway it seems to have a good variety of gluten-free.

I highly doubt Seward has a specific natural foods store, but I'm sure many fresh raw ingred are available all over.

It should be easy enough to hit that Anch store b4 heading down the Kenai.

In fact, I believe it's not far from the airport. (It's not a stretch to think you're renting a car and driving to Seward is it?)

I could get Anch restaurant suggestions if you'd like. :) [done!]

I don't know Seward well enough, but I'd bet any non-fast-food place will do well w/ a simple fish dish.

Thanks so much! We aren't big into restaurants-but thanks- I am glad to hear of Fred Meyers and The Natural Pantry!