Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Worchestersauce And A1 Sauce

14 posts in this topic

Since I'm new at this (just over 3 weeks) I still just forget and eat stuff, darn! I had Lea and Perrins Worchester Sauce and I'm not sure if its ok, it looks ok but what do I know.

I didn't eat the A1 Sauce but I do love the stuff and would like to know if I can use it in the future. I went to the Kraft web site and they don't list any real nutritional information about it. Shame on them!

Does anyone know?

Susan :blink:

Ads by Google:
;) i had a bottle of kroger worchestershire sauce in my hand last night and it stated wheat on the bottle--so i would call to be sure--otay ;) deb

You may want to check with the company, but I do believe that Lea&Perins in gluten-free in the US (not Canada).

:D i just was checking out the mainstream gluten-free list and it states that lea & perrins is gluten-free------so :P enjoy---deb

Lea and Perrins is gluten-free. So was French's last time I checked.

Don't get mad at Kraft. Kraft clearly lists any gluten in any product in the ingredients. All you have to do is pick up a bottle and read the ingredients. This is how I wish EVERY company would be.

richard

Hmmmm, well the ingredients in my A1 Sauce (garlic flavor) are:

(an * by the ones I'm not sure are gluten-free)

tomato puree

vinegar

molasses

corn syrup

salt

raisin paste

roasted garlic puree

*spice

orange puree

dried garlic

dried onions

*carmel color

*natural flavor

sugar

tamarind

It has no warning for gluten, or wheat ingredients but I'm just not sure.

Susan

Because you don't see the words "wheat," "rye," or "barley" in those ingredients, according to Kraft's policy, it's gluten-free. If any of the ingredients you marked had wheat, rye, or barley, it would have said so.

richard

A1 is safe. I have it all the time.

I found a food list, dont know where now... I can look for it if anyone wants that said Frenchs Worcestersire is gluten-free. I know Lea and Perrins is and they also have a steak sauce thats gluten-free.. Heinz 57 is not BOOO HOOOO!!

When I see just vinegar, I get worried...

Are you sure Heinz 57 is not gluten-free? It was listed on one of the other sites as being "safe". I just read the label and I could not find anything obviously incriminating. Anyone?

Heinz 57 is not on Heinz's gluten-free list at its web site -- or it wasn't last time I looked.

richard

Are you sure Heinz 57 is not gluten-free?

Heinz 57 is not gluten free, but Heinz Tomato Ketchup is. Weird, I know. But that's what Heinz says. Safeway Tomato Ketchup is gluten-free, too. Then my boyfriend goes out and buys Hunt's Ketchup. NOT gluten-free. Ugh. I told him to get his money back. Dork. :lol:

PS: YAY for A-1 sauce! I love that stuff! I'm totally buying that now!! Woo hoo!

PS: YAY for A-1 sauce! I love that stuff! I'm totally buying that now!! Woo hoo!

I was so hoping that A-1 was not gluten free; I can't stand the smell of it and Dh consumes it like it was, well, sauce. So every year when we come back I am condemned to A-1 again, sometimes on poached egg!!, a double whammy :(

Are you sure Heinz 57 is not gluten-free? It was listed on one of the other sites as being "safe". I just read the label and I could not find anything obviously incriminating. Anyone?

I do believe the "malt vinegar" on Heinz 57 is made with barley malt - so it won't be labeled but it is NOT gluten-free. I think it is labeled as such but it is definitely NOT gluten-free :(