This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Worchestersauce And A1 Sauce

pixiegirl

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Since I'm new at this (just over 3 weeks) I still just forget and eat stuff, darn! I had Lea and Perrins Worchester Sauce and I'm not sure if its ok, it looks ok but what do I know.

I didn't eat the A1 Sauce but I do love the stuff and would like to know if I can use it in the future. I went to the Kraft web site and they don't list any real nutritional information about it. Shame on them!

Does anyone know?

Susan :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

darlindeb25 Collaborator
;) i had a bottle of kroger worchestershire sauce in my hand last night and it stated wheat on the bottle--so i would call to be sure--otay ;) deb
tarnalberry Community Regular

You may want to check with the company, but I do believe that Lea&Perins in gluten-free in the US (not Canada).

darlindeb25 Collaborator
:D i just was checking out the mainstream gluten-free list and it states that lea & perrins is gluten-free------so :P enjoy---deb
lovegrov Collaborator

Lea and Perrins is gluten-free. So was French's last time I checked.

Don't get mad at Kraft. Kraft clearly lists any gluten in any product in the ingredients. All you have to do is pick up a bottle and read the ingredients. This is how I wish EVERY company would be.

richard

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Hmmmm, well the ingredients in my A1 Sauce (garlic flavor) are:

(an * by the ones I'm not sure are gluten-free)

tomato puree

vinegar

molasses

corn syrup

salt

raisin paste

roasted garlic puree

*spice

orange puree

dried garlic

dried onions

*carmel color

*natural flavor

sugar

tamarind

It has no warning for gluten, or wheat ingredients but I'm just not sure.

Susan

lovegrov Collaborator

Because you don't see the words "wheat," "rye," or "barley" in those ingredients, according to Kraft's policy, it's gluten-free. If any of the ingredients you marked had wheat, rye, or barley, it would have said so.

richard

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

calico jo Rookie

A1 is safe. I have it all the time.

traci Apprentice

I found a food list, dont know where now... I can look for it if anyone wants that said Frenchs Worcestersire is gluten-free. I know Lea and Perrins is and they also have a steak sauce thats gluten-free.. Heinz 57 is not BOOO HOOOO!!

When I see just vinegar, I get worried...

cdevane Rookie

Are you sure Heinz 57 is not gluten-free? It was listed on one of the other sites as being "safe". I just read the label and I could not find anything obviously incriminating. Anyone?

lovegrov Collaborator

Heinz 57 is not on Heinz's gluten-free list at its web site -- or it wasn't last time I looked.

richard

• 4 years later...
caek-is-a-lie Explorer
Are you sure Heinz 57 is not gluten-free?

Heinz 57 is not gluten free, but Heinz Tomato Ketchup is. Weird, I know. But that's what Heinz says. Safeway Tomato Ketchup is gluten-free, too. Then my boyfriend goes out and buys Hunt's Ketchup. NOT gluten-free. Ugh. I told him to get his money back. Dork. :lol:

PS: YAY for A-1 sauce! I love that stuff! I'm totally buying that now!! Woo hoo!

mushroom Proficient
PS: YAY for A-1 sauce! I love that stuff! I'm totally buying that now!! Woo hoo!

I was so hoping that A-1 was not gluten free; I can't stand the smell of it and Dh consumes it like it was, well, sauce. So every year when we come back I am condemned to A-1 again, sometimes on poached egg!!, a double whammy :(

dadoffiveboys Rookie
Are you sure Heinz 57 is not gluten-free? It was listed on one of the other sites as being "safe". I just read the label and I could not find anything obviously incriminating. Anyone?

I do believe the "malt vinegar" on Heinz 57 is made with barley malt - so it won't be labeled but it is NOT gluten-free. I think it is labeled as such but it is definitely NOT gluten-free :(

Archived