This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bakeries In The Atlanta Area

maxwell1200

maxwell1200 Apprentice

Before I was diagnosed bread was my favorite thing to eat. I have not had any luck at the local groceries and the Harrys Farmers Market only had frozen bread. Can anyone tell me where I can find good bread gluten-free from a bakery? Pref in the Canton/Woodstock area but I will go where ever I have to, to get it!!

Thanks guys!

Angela

gluten-free for 2 whole days now!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Whole Foods.

richard

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I live in WOODSTOCK!

At whole foods you will find sandwich bread and rasin bread. . .you can buy it off the shelf or frozen from their bakery.

Guest jhmom

I live in Canton and grew up in Woodstock!!!! :D

Life grocery now carries Kinninnick bread and it is VERY GOOD but it's frozen, I just pop it in the microwave and then toast it!

pegom1 Rookie

or go to kinnikinnick.com .It's a flat $10 shipping charge. I order a case of bread and split it with a friend who also has celiac. Their cookies are also very good. The bread arrives unfrozen, so it's probably fresher than what you can get at a local store. Glutino premium corn bread is as close to "regular' bread. It is nothing like "corn bread"..and the baguettes are very good by Glutino also. They also make good bagels

maxwell1200 Apprentice

Thanks yall! Where excatly is Life Grocery?

Angela

Guest jhmom

Angie, its off Roswell Road 1/2 mile east of the Big Chicken. Here is their website with the address: Open Original Shared Link

THey have a huge selection on gluten-free foods.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest imsohungry

This is great! Never in a million years did I dream I would come on-line and find a reference to the Big Chicken. :P

I live near Atlanta. You know, it's funny, if you're not from here...all of our commercials that say, "A mile south of the Big Chicken" wouldn't mean anything :D

I'm about to go to Life Foods website and check it out! Thanks for the info.

-Julie ;)

Laurie Levene-Whitehill Rookie

I go to GlutenFreeCookieJar.com their bread, rolls, scones

are really good. Enjoy! Mousekins

Guest jhmom

:lol::lol::lol: Julie!!!

Life grocery is great and they have a lot of new products, like Kinninnick's products (bread, donuts, cinnamon buns). I don't know if you have tried their bread but in my opinion it's by far the best out there and the cinnamon buns don't even taste like they are gluten-free, they are AWESOME!!! :D

Take care

• 1 month later...
cdford Contributor

I live out in South Paulding, but used to work just south of the Big Chicken before becoming disabled. Unfortunately, I am old enough to remember the old sign...when it was the only fast food restaurant around.

Because of my disability, getting to either Life (which I used for years) or Whole Foods is just not feasible. I have found that a good mixer and some gluten-free flour (I prefer the four flour kind either mixed myself or purchased bulk from Bob's Red Mill or Authenic Foods) makes a fairly good bread without a lot of effort. Bette Hagman's books also provide some great recipes. The consistency of the batter is different if you have ever baked wheat bread, so don't be surprised and follow the directions.

I also have some friends who buy the packaged bread mix at Kroger and use their bread machines. I had to give away all three of my machines and my mill when I was diagnosed because I was so sensitive and I have not had the money to replace them. I do so miss the fresh bread.

Donna

Archived