Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Blood In Stool

9 posts in this topic

I have lots of blood in my stools. Bright red blood. I have testing set for next week but the blood in my stool bothers me. Is this an automatic sign of colon cancer? I also have pressure.

Ads by Google:

Do you have hemmroids???? They usually produce as bright red color, in my experience blood from farther up in the intestines ect is a darker color..your stool would look black.

Definetly bring this up to the DR when you see them!!!!

It could also be from anal fissures.

They may check you for bacterial infections (at least I know thats what they did to me anyways)...

I hope you can get an answer and feel better soon!! I'm still bleeding in my stools more and more often but have no solution (you all remember why...)

~ Lisa ~

I have lots of blood in my stools. Bright red blood. I have testing set for next week but the blood in my stool bothers me. Is this an automatic sign of colon cancer? I also have pressure.

i am having the same problem with bright red blood in my stools. i just turned 21 in january and this problem has been going on for over 6 months, i know that i am way to young to have colon cancer and that bright red blood in your stool can happen for a number of reasons, not just cancer. do not worry i was very concernd as well, but the doctor said that i should stick to a gluten free diet, also because i am lactose intolerant and the blood has stopped. a gluten free diet is the easiest way to rule out a gluten intolerance, i know that the blood and severe cramping has stopped. i hope this helps!

feel better and i hope everything is ok

christine

Hemmoroids or anal fissures are the best guess when "bright" red. You can also get this if you are constipated and you "push" it out too hard. This happened to my neighbor's 9 year old boy. Bright red blood all in the toilet. She freaked. But he just tore his little self trying to get hard poo out.

And for any young people reading this, sadly, I had a 24 year old cousin die from colon cancer. You are never too young and blood in your stool or urine should always be checked by a doctor. Always.

I can't hear the word Anal fissure without thinking of Bob, the Anal Fissure. Funny story, if somewhat graphic. Not for those easily offended. Heck, not for those who are hard to offend either.

sometimes it is just rectal bleeding.

i've had that related to colitis.

definitely talk to your doctor, but in the meantime don't freak yourself out too much!

good luck.

My daughter was tested for parasites 3 yrs ago b/c she had blood in her stools. Negative. It came and went several times. I related it to stress. No rectal bleeding. 4 months ago her pms was so bad we took her to an osteopath. He gave her an herb incase it was a bacterial infection and then no more signs of blood, at this time she was found to be allergic to gluten. The first doc said not to worry if it was bright red but if it turned to coffee ground color then get her back in right away. Then just yesterday she had blood in her stool again and some cramps. A couple of days ago she was under huge stress (almost raped but was able to get away, by God's hand of protection). Hers could be stress related, gluten...or?...who knows.