8 replies to this topic

#1 anncookie

anncookie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

I have lots of blood in my stools. Bright red blood. I have testing set for next week but the blood in my stool bothers me. Is this an automatic sign of colon cancer? I also have pressure.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_j_mommy_*

Guest_j_mommy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:06 AM

Do you have hemmroids???? They usually produce as bright red color, in my experience blood from farther up in the intestines ect is a darker color..your stool would look black.

Definetly bring this up to the DR when you see them!!!!

#3 lorka150

lorka150

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

It could also be from anal fissures.
Gluten-free, Vegan

#4 num1habsfan

num1habsfan

Prairie field, possibly the best picture I've taken!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:03 PM

They may check you for bacterial infections (at least I know thats what they did to me anyways)...

I hope you can get an answer and feel better soon!! I'm still bleeding in my stools more and more often but have no solution (you all remember why...)

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...
...26 years old...
...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

#5 cmoyler

cmoyler

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:25 AM

I have lots of blood in my stools. Bright red blood. I have testing set for next week but the blood in my stool bothers me. Is this an automatic sign of colon cancer? I also have pressure.

i am having the same problem with bright red blood in my stools. i just turned 21 in january and this problem has been going on for over 6 months, i know that i am way to young to have colon cancer and that bright red blood in your stool can happen for a number of reasons, not just cancer. do not worry i was very concernd as well, but the doctor said that i should stick to a gluten free diet, also because i am lactose intolerant and the blood has stopped. a gluten free diet is the easiest way to rule out a gluten intolerance, i know that the blood and severe cramping has stopped. i hope this helps!
feel better and i hope everything is ok
christine

#6 ShayFL

ShayFL

ShayFL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hemmoroids or anal fissures are the best guess when "bright" red. You can also get this if you are constipated and you "push" it out too hard. This happened to my neighbor's 9 year old boy. Bright red blood all in the toilet. She freaked. But he just tore his little self trying to get hard poo out.

And for any young people reading this, sadly, I had a 24 year old cousin die from colon cancer. You are never too young and blood in your stool or urine should always be checked by a doctor. Always.
GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

#7 Nancym

Nancym

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

I can't hear the word Anal fissure without thinking of Bob, the Anal Fissure. Funny story, if somewhat graphic. Not for those easily offended. Heck, not for those who are hard to offend either.

#8 KProc

KProc

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

sometimes it is just rectal bleeding.
i've had that related to colitis.

definitely talk to your doctor, but in the meantime don't freak yourself out too much!

good luck.

#9 purple

purple

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

My daughter was tested for parasites 3 yrs ago b/c she had blood in her stools. Negative. It came and went several times. I related it to stress. No rectal bleeding. 4 months ago her pms was so bad we took her to an osteopath. He gave her an herb incase it was a bacterial infection and then no more signs of blood, at this time she was found to be allergic to gluten. The first doc said not to worry if it was bright red but if it turned to coffee ground color then get her back in right away. Then just yesterday she had blood in her stool again and some cramps. A couple of days ago she was under huge stress (almost raped but was able to get away, by God's hand of protection). Hers could be stress related, gluten...or?...who knows.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: