4 replies to this topic

#1 pogirl1786

pogirl1786

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:14 AM

hey all, i'm just about to hit my one- year mark for being gluten free, and i'm feeling so much better than this time last year, but i had a question. i know at first it's said that we'll have good days and bad days while we're healing, but do any of you who have been gluten free for a year or more still have bad days occasionally? mine are very few and far, but sometimes it's hard to tell if i'm feeling bad because of celiac or just because i don't feel well for other reasons. thanks for any input you might have...
"It's not about the ending, it's about the journey."

"I don't care about the past, I believe in the power to reinvent yourself."

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 stargirl

stargirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 08:56 AM

My one year mark hits in January and I still have up and down days. Granted, the up are a lot more often but I still get sick and feel crappy some days. I think it just might be part of living with Celiac.
Inconclusive Blood Results, Positive Dietary Challenge Results
gluten-free since January 2004

#3 kvogt

kvogt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 09:47 AM

I'm at the 2 year mark. I had good/bad days too. I discovered my bad days were not from gluten, but other food problems. I dropped milk and now have almost entirely good days. I suggest you get tested first.

#4 lilliexx

lilliexx

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:15 AM

i agree with getting tested for other alergies/food intolerences.( or better yet doing an elimination diet) I was having a bout 50% good and bad days untill i recently gave up milk, corn, rice & fruit. Now i am having nearly 100% good days :) I am slowly bringing back every thing i have eliminated. starting wiht rice and apples, and havnt had a problem with iether. I strongly suspect that i have another food tolerance, and this way i will be able to finally pin point it.

It seems that SO many other people have gotten rid of nearly all symptoms by doing elimination diets, so i highly suggest doing this , if you are still having that many bad days after 1 year!!

good luck, lillie
Gluten free since July 2004

I have made it one year and feel much much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 pogirl1786

pogirl1786

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:56 PM

i've figured out dairy only hurts my stomach after i've had a lot, but my doctor just ran a test to see if i'm anemic, which could be the reason why i'm so tired and such on bad days, so we shall see. thanks for the replies :)
"It's not about the ending, it's about the journey."

"I don't care about the past, I believe in the power to reinvent yourself."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: