3 replies to this topic

#1 Looking for answers

Looking for answers

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

Just wanted to report that I was thrilled to open the Orange County Register today to find an article about gluten intolerance. The article talked about how gluten intolerance is becoming more "common" and restaurants that cater to Celiacs have a "cult-like" following. It was a great article and I was glad to see it as the lead story on a Sunday!

Also, as a separate note, I heard a mention of Gluten Intolerance on Scrubs this week. Yes, it was being used in comedic terms, but it's still nice that it's becoming mainstream enough that it can be included in a sitcom.
2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)
2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life
2009 Low T3 thyroid hormone, muscle twitching and adrenal fatigue
2006- Elevated Speckled ANA. GI suggested Celiac. Started gluten-free diet, but sloppily
2005 - Thought I had wheat "allergy." Stopped eating bread, oats problem too
College years - Still vegan -sickest point in life. Every classic celiac symptom
Teenage years - Stomach pain prompted veganism -> BIG mistake!
Child - Awful gas, D, C. Chronic infections, appendix and tonsils removed

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shp2drp57

shp2drp57

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Just wanted to report that I was thrilled to open the Orange County Register today to find an article about gluten intolerance. The article talked about how gluten intolerance is becoming more "common" and restaurants that cater to Celiacs have a "cult-like" following. It was a great article and I was glad to see it as the lead story on a Sunday!

Also, as a separate note, I heard a mention of Gluten Intolerance on Scrubs this week. Yes, it was being used in comedic terms, but it's still nice that it's becoming mainstream enough that it can be included in a sitcom.

Hi, I think it it great, too that the word is getting out. I am newly diagnosed and also live in the OC. Just in case you are looking for a good restaurant, The Rib Company in Ladera Ranch has a gluten free menu - really good bbq! A friend found it for me! I feel we all need to get the word out everyday telling anyone who will listen about this disease to spread the word!

#3 Looking for answers

Looking for answers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:18 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the dining tip!
2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)
2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life
2009 Low T3 thyroid hormone, muscle twitching and adrenal fatigue
2006- Elevated Speckled ANA. GI suggested Celiac. Started gluten-free diet, but sloppily
2005 - Thought I had wheat "allergy." Stopped eating bread, oats problem too
College years - Still vegan -sickest point in life. Every classic celiac symptom
Teenage years - Stomach pain prompted veganism -> BIG mistake!
Child - Awful gas, D, C. Chronic infections, appendix and tonsils removed

#4 buffettbride

buffettbride

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:49 AM

I watched that too! Hubby and I both took a double-take to make sure we heard it right. We love that show so it was awesome to see that mentioned. :D

I also talked to the manager of our local Noodles restaurant which is where we go for "fast food" these days and he said the non-gluten folks are his most loyal customers and I thanked him for realizing how nice it was to have a "safe" place on our list to eat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: