- - - - -

Weight Watchers And Gluten Free

• Please log in to reply

26 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:21 AM

Hi all, you can know call me betty crocker (I've been making so much for from scratch I'm scaring myself) :D I'm feeling pretty good about this diet now, it doesn't really seem so bad. Last night I had spagetti and it was actually good.
I think what has really helped me is 1. this forum 2.being on weight watchers since Jan., I learned to deal with eating right months before I was diagnose so I had bascially gotten rid of most junk food I used to eat. I have been doing alot of baking from scratch which takes alittle longer but well worth it.
I have found out that gluten-free is alot higher in calories and fat than the regular stuff so I dont get to eat as much.
I weigh in today so I'm hoping I lose some. I'm 38 , 5'9 and weigh 205. My goal is to get down to 160 before October 2005. I've only gained twice since starting in Jan.07 2004 which amazes me because I never thought I could do it. I want to thank everyone for their encouraging and great advice on here. I look forward to chatting more with you.
i have found out one thing about going to these health food stores, DONT listen to the employees when buying gluten-free products, they will try to sell you anything. For instance I bought some baking powder for $6 and the store employee told me this is the only place to buy it, then I went to our local grocery store and they had the same exact same for under $2. :o
I guess you live and learn.
god bless
Terri :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:38 PM

Congrats on getting the hang of the cooking, and good luck with your plan!
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#18 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:04 AM

I went to weight watchers wednesday and lost 1.6 lbs.YEAH :D
Thanks for all your encouraging words. It has helped me alot.

#19 Aly D

Aly D

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

hello,
I ahve been gluten free for about 2 1/2 years. A former wieght watcher for about 25 years never reaching my goal. It never worked for mel Despite my efforts. Now I know why. I am thinking of rejoing gluten free and I think this time it will work. I will keep you posted. I was allergic to wheat and oats. Who knew!!! Good luck to everyone!!!!

#20 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Was there a group on yahoo or here that was WW only gluten free?

Need to get some weight off after stopping smoking.

Any ideas?
Judy
Judy in Southern CA

#21 mamabear272

mamabear272

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

I have been doing WW since Jan of this year and haven't lost 2 weeks in a row until now. The last 2 weeks I've lost more than I did from Jan till dx. I first joined in Jan of 2006 and did great! Mainly because I didn't eat bread or noodles because they were high in points. This last time I joined, we (hubby and me) have been eating whole grain breads and whole wheat pasta (the worst things in the world for me). I haven't lost the weight like before either. Now that I'm not making myself sick and eating all the gluten, I'm losing again! Loving that once again WW is the best eating way of life for losing weight. And side note: WW was voted the #1 weight loss program in the US!
Molly
dx: celiac sprue 6/7/2011 via blood test and biopsy
gluten-free: 6/7/2011

#22 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

I have been doing WW since Jan of this year and haven't lost 2 weeks in a row until now. The last 2 weeks I've lost more than I did from Jan till dx. I first joined in Jan of 2006 and did great! Mainly because I didn't eat bread or noodles because they were high in points. This last time I joined, we (hubby and me) have been eating whole grain breads and whole wheat pasta (the worst things in the world for me). I haven't lost the weight like before either. Now that I'm not making myself sick and eating all the gluten, I'm losing again! Loving that once again WW is the best eating way of life for losing weight. And side note: WW was voted the #1 weight loss program in the US!

I've done WW in the past but not gluten-free.
I really hate the meeting parts right now.
Is there a site where i can go and see the program?
I know there were 'points' etc and they wanted you to join the program to make it work.
Any one know of a site i can use or if not
a site i can use on the internet to help me with a EASY fast calorie counter

think there was a sparks somehwere at one time.

hope there is someone who kiows the WW program as it is today that can help me get started.

thanks

Judy
Judy in Southern CA

#23 mamabear272

mamabear272

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

I do it currently. It's called points plus program. If you go to weightwatchers.com you can get information on joining. You don't have to go to meetings per se. You can do it all online if you choose to. I personally find the meetings very helpful. You can also find a meeting in your area and you should be able to sit in on a meeting for free before you decide if you want to join or not.
Molly

#24 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

:angry:

I do it currently. It's called points plus program. If you go to weightwatchers.com you can get information on joining. You don't have to go to meetings per se. You can do it all online if you choose to. I personally find the meetings very helpful. You can also find a meeting in your area and you should be able to sit in on a meeting for free before you decide if you want to join or not.

Thanks so much for responding so fast
i have been to so many meetings and seeing a chiro now where i can get weighed so it's just to focus of the points plus program guide i guess. I was gluten-free for almost 6 years so that part i get just need some meal ideas as i'm not looking foward to this effort after just stopping smoking and the weight came on without increasing calories .............
will look up the web sit which i should have done before but there isn't a gluten-free ww menue is there?
Judy in Southern CA

#25 mamabear272

mamabear272

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

There are some gluten-free items listed in the foods. There are also a lot of community recipes (recipes that members post) and posts in the message boards. If you do a search of the entire site for "gluten free" you'll find a lot. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I can look up stuff for you.
Molly

#26 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

There are some gluten-free items listed in the foods. There are also a lot of community recipes (recipes that members post) and posts in the message boards. If you do a search of the entire site for "gluten free" you'll find a lot. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I can look up stuff for you.

I did look up the national WW site

I put in gluten free and it showed nothing.

Were you talking about here on this site or the WW one?

I'll go back over and ck it out

thanks for your offer to help

Judy
Judy in Southern CA

#27 mamabear272

mamabear272

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

Try this link: My link. I don't know if you have to be a member and logged in or not.
Molly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: