This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Anyone Here Rh-negative?

Ellenor Whitty

FranW. Newbie
<_< "O-" This is very interesting. Dr. says celiac but that is based on fantastic response to diet. I could just be gluten intolerant and not actually celiac. She says it doesn't really matter - if I am responding to the diet, and she says that is enough. I also can't tolerate lactose, soy, or potatoes. Am allergic to aspirin, nuts (both), shellfish. The aspirin allergy keeps me from eating fresh fruits and vegetables because of the salycylic acid. I also have lupus. But, it is interesting to me that part of the trouble could be my blood type. My ds is O+ and he is also gluten intolerant.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mftnchn Explorer

Hi, I am O negative, and probably celiac. I wonder if there is any correlation with gene type for celiac? I am double DQ2.

plantime Contributor

I am O-. I feel much better on a high-protein/low-grain diet.

Cat5 Newbie

I'm A- and have Celiac disease, dead thyroid gland, MVP (mitral valve prolapse), and have food and other skin sensitivities (make-ups and even our chlorinated water makes my skin break out).

• 2 weeks later...
barilla Explorer

I am A- and I have celiac.

I've had one healthy pregnancy before I found out I had celiac. And one miscarriage since going gluten free.

I also have mitral valve prolapse.

And I have low platelets.

• 1 year later...
Ellenor Whitty Newbie
Hi, Everyone:

I am new here, and this is my first topic ever posted! Wheeeee!

OK, here is a theory:

I have read on the Internet that a large number of celiacs in the U.K. have Rh-Negative blood types. I was fascinated, because I am with type O-Neg blood.

It is claimed that 20% of everyone in the U.K. is Rh-Neg anyway, and in the U.S., it is closer to 15% of the national population.

People with rare blood types are usually hypersensitive to things (like gluten/gliadin), so if any one out there is Rh-Neg, please RSVP! I want to see if there is a connection.....

Thanks!

REW

Ellenor Whitty Newbie
My nutritionist told me O- blood is the oldest blood type therefore it is a blood type predisposed to the hunter gatherer type diet that doesn't not include wheat/grains. She seemed to know what she was talking about...

I'm 0-. I have Celiac. My husband is A- and is a celiac. That's all I know. :)

....................................................................................................

WOW, I wish I was dating a Celiac llike me (or married to one)! This kind of situation would make life SO MUCH EASIER for Girls Like Me, rather than beng with some slob who drinks BEER or SCOTCH every day! (Been There, Done That.)

I now point-blank tell guys that if they want to date me, kiss me, and/or get all silly & romantic with me physically, then they CANNOT drink beer or grain-based alcohol when we are together. I am DEAD SERIOUS about this, too! They can drink all of the wine, tequila and potato-based vodka they want (like the fabulous "CHOPIN" vodka, which is both potato-based AND organic), but nothing else, otherwise they will make me have a gluten reaction.

I simply will not make out with or have sex with a man that will cause me to have a gluten reaction, due to what HE consumes and retains in his body.....

I am totally allergic to men that drink beer, scotch, and any other grain-based alcohol (adult beverages). Celiac girls (like me) ESPECIALLY cannot even tolerate exposure to the semen from guys like this either, which I will explain more about after you continue reading this......

No kidding, I finally discovered this after YEARS of trying to figure out WHY I STILL had DH all over my face and these outrageous rashes all over my body while dating/being with macho beer & scotch drinkers.

My discovery happened because my (former) live-in/out boyfriend of 10 years was drinking beer and/or scotch daily.

Here's how it works for me..... this may not be the same for everyone, but still, I would like you to consider this as a possibility for you if you have celiac problems and date a man or woman who drinks beer and grain alcohol beverages on a regular basis.....

If I make out with a guy, or get all physically silly & romantic with a man who has been drinking beer or grain-based booze, I will later on (usually within 24-72 hours later) break out in a weird splotchy rash on my arms, legs and torso, AND get all kinds of quasi-DH eruptions all over my face.

Believe me, this took YEARS to finally figure this situation out.

I am a seriously CAREFUL celiac, and do not make mistakes when it comes to any exposure to gluten that I would be personally responsible for.

Still, I kept having gluten skin problems for many years while I was dating a fellow who drank beer daily.....

It just NEVER occurred to me that being with someone- as in romantically- who indulges in gluten products will also cause ME to have a "reaction."

Without going into personal details that would make you blush, I will now state that I "know a girl" who is also a Celiac, and "she" gets a "problem" from her sex life when she is exposed to the semen of a man that drinks beer and/or grain alcohol. This girl will experience PIV (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease), along with horrible cystitis, if she has sexual relations with a man that drinks beer/grain alcohol liquids.

OK, this is just me, but all of you other girls & guys out there...... consider this as a possibility if you do not feel well, and your partner is guzzling beer or grain alcohol.

I would NOT waste my time writing this message to the general public unless I was mega-serious in sharing this information with Celiacs Like Us.

The prevention of gluten exposure is a pain in the @ss to regulate, and I want to help ease the pain we all suffer by asking you to consider that those around you may be a possible gluten exposure factor in your life.....

CONCLUSION: you may be doing the Right Thing, but is your spouse/significant other also doing the same?

So far, I have met only ONE man who has agreed to my "No Gluten" dating & dietary laws, and he is a precious, adorable nerdy IT guy who also believes in organic foods. I am lucky, I guess. He acts like he is GOMEZ ADDAMS when he is with me, so I have no reason to complain, I guess.....

Ruth Ellenor Whitty

Houston, TEXAS

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Vamonos Rookie
....................................................................................................

WOW, I wish I was dating a Celiac llike me (or married to one)! This kind of situation would make life SO MUCH EASIER for Girls Like Me, rather than beng with some slob who drinks BEER or SCOTCH every day! (Been There, Done That.)

I now point-blank tell guys that if they want to date me, kiss me, and/or get all silly & romantic with me physically, then they CANNOT drink beer or grain-based alcohol when we are together. I am DEAD SERIOUS about this, too! They can drink all of the wine, tequila and potato-based vodka they want (like the fabulous "CHOPIN" vodka, which is both potato-based AND organic), but nothing else, otherwise they will make me have a gluten reaction.

I simply will not make out with or have sex with a man that will cause me to have a gluten reaction, due to what HE consumes and retains in his body.....

I am totally allergic to men that drink beer, scotch, and any other grain-based alcohol (adult beverages). Celiac girls (like me) ESPECIALLY cannot even tolerate exposure to the semen from guys like this either, which I will explain more about after you continue reading this......

No kidding, I finally discovered this after YEARS of trying to figure out WHY I STILL had DH all over my face and these outrageous rashes all over my body while dating/being with macho beer & scotch drinkers.

My discovery happened because my (former) live-in/out boyfriend of 10 years was drinking beer and/or scotch daily.

Here's how it works for me..... this may not be the same for everyone, but still, I would like you to consider this as a possibility for you if you have celiac problems and date a man or woman who drinks beer and grain alcohol beverages on a regular basis.....

If I make out with a guy, or get all physically silly & romantic with a man who has been drinking beer or grain-based booze, I will later on (usually within 24-72 hours later) break out in a weird splotchy rash on my arms, legs and torso, AND get all kinds of quasi-DH eruptions all over my face.

Believe me, this took YEARS to finally figure this situation out.

I am a seriously CAREFUL celiac, and do not make mistakes when it comes to any exposure to gluten that I would be personally responsible for.

Still, I kept having gluten skin problems for many years while I was dating a fellow who drank beer daily.....

It just NEVER occurred to me that being with someone- as in romantically- who indulges in gluten products will also cause ME to have a "reaction."

Without going into personal details that would make you blush, I will now state that I "know a girl" who is also a Celiac, and "she" gets a "problem" from her sex life when she is exposed to the semen of a man that drinks beer and/or grain alcohol. This girl will experience PIV (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease), along with horrible cystitis, if she has sexual relations with a man that drinks beer/grain alcohol liquids.

OK, this is just me, but all of you other girls & guys out there...... consider this as a possibility if you do not feel well, and your partner is guzzling beer or grain alcohol.

I would NOT waste my time writing this message to the general public unless I was mega-serious in sharing this information with Celiacs Like Us.

The prevention of gluten exposure is a pain in the @ss to regulate, and I want to help ease the pain we all suffer by asking you to consider that those around you may be a possible gluten exposure factor in your life.....

CONCLUSION: you may be doing the Right Thing, but is your spouse/significant other also doing the same?

So far, I have met only ONE man who has agreed to my "No Gluten" dating & dietary laws, and he is a precious, adorable nerdy IT guy who also believes in organic foods. I am lucky, I guess. He acts like he is GOMEZ ADDAMS when he is with me, so I have no reason to complain, I guess.....

Ruth Ellenor Whitty

Houston, TEXAS

Ruth,

Glad to hear you have found someone who treats you well after so many years with your former boyfriend. For those who may still be with someone who drinks daily...a word to the wise...they are alcoholics and you should spare yourself the pain. Remove yourself from the situation until they have their drinking under control. No one needs to drink daily. This is a form of self medication.

For the record, I am a celiac with O positive blood type.

Happy Holidays!

WendyG Explorer

Hi,

I am A negative but my daughter who also has Celiac is O positive.

Wendy

nasalady Contributor

I'm A- and recently diagnosed with celiac disease.

• 1 year later...
motoko Newbie

I see this thread's been inactive for awhile, but I had to add myself to the list. I am A+ and gluten-intolerant, as is my mom who is A-. A lot of the people who have responded who are Rh positive and intolerant or celiac seem to be within a generation of someone who is Rh negative. That looks like a potential correlation to me.

I'm A- and recently diagnosed with celiac disease.

shayre Enthusiast

Very interesting. I'm O- type. I have not been diagnosed with celiac, but suspect that I have it. I tested "VERY HIGH" with genetic testing. My heritage is Irish, German and Swedish. My whole mother's side is food intolerant to some degree, but not bad enough to want to see doctors. I don't know my parents blood type. I have autoimmune thyroid disorder and PCOS. I've had neuromusclar problems recently. I always wondered what my blood type might mean for my health?

starrytrekchic Apprentice

A+ for me. No correlation in my family. My gluten problems come from my mom, who is O+.

• 2 weeks later...
kjgrimmett Newbie

My dad and I are both A Rh Neg blood types and both have Celiac.

pablito305 Newbie

I am O neg and have celiac. I am decended from the Basque people (grandparents still live in Bisquay) who have the highest concentration of O neg blood and an unusually high incidence of celiac disease.

I am also O neg and Basque with gluten and lactose intolerence. Pablo

hangcat Newbie

Hi there!

I'm O negative, celiac and do best on minimal grains.

I'm also 0 neg and celiac symptoms. Much better on gluten-free diet. Waiting for testing.

• 2 years later...
ampmomof3 Newbie

I'm also O-(RH-).....I'm not DX celiac but I do suspect gluten to be a problem for me and kids.

mamaw Community Regular

I'm RH O-, so is daughter O-, brother O-.. Myself & daughter celiac dx'd , brother to stubborn to get tested but has had 24 inches of small intestine removed, a belly /bloated bigger than a budda, & many other issues,

Kamma Explorer

I'm O Rh negative as well. German and Irish descent.

Laenie Newbie

Hi, Everyone:

I am new here, and this is my first topic ever posted! Wheeeee!

OK, here is a theory:

I have read on the Internet that a large number of celiacs in the U.K. have Rh-Negative blood types. I was fascinated, because I am with type O-Neg blood.

It is claimed that 20% of everyone in the U.K. is Rh-Neg anyway, and in the U.S., it is closer to 15% of the national population.

People with rare blood types are usually hypersensitive to things (like gluten/gliadin), so if any one out there is Rh-Neg, please RSVP! I want to see if there is a connection.....

Thanks!

REW

I am RH negative and have gluten sensitivity. laenie

VeggieGal Contributor

I'm A rh + and tested positive for anti-bodies

• 3 weeks later...
Charli61 Apprentice

I am O - and a' very senstive DH Celiac'. I like the idea that it's the oldest blood type and would therefore have likely been that of the hunter gatherers.... I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian and have been for about the last 25 years.

cavernio Enthusiast

B+ but so far am an unsensitive celiac. (Well, lots of symptoms but nothing noticeable when I eat gluten.)

• 3 weeks later...
juul Newbie

Hi I am o- and so was my dad. He had celiac I have it too. He had lupus and tomorrow's got

Te rheumatologist because my regular doctor said my blood work is elevated for lupus. So the fun begins. Does anyone else have lupus and celiac? What about fibromyalgia?

allergyprone Contributor

I'm A- and have celiac all of the girls in my family are rh neg and both my dad and my brother are rh pos. but I'm the only one with celiacs

Archived