55 replies to this topic

#16 BettyL.

BettyL.

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:49 AM

I am O neg and have celiac. I am decended from the Basque people (grandparents still live in Bisquay) who have the highest concentration of O neg blood and an unusually high incidence of celiac disease.

My mothers background is French. Her ancestors came from southern France and negative factor runs in the family. NO Basque blood that I know of. I am not sure what part of France it was. I must asked my brothers about RF factor.
Betty L.
Meridian, ID

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

I am AB- and tested positive for the antibodies for celiac.
Yellow Rose
27 years of misdiognoses
seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet
rheumatoid arthritis May 1980
wrist joint replacement Jan 1984
fibromyalgia May 1980
insomnia since the 80's
diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds
Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea
Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:
depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.
Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive
Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

#18 Guest_SherrieD_*

Guest_SherrieD_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:40 AM

Hi there.

I am a newly diagnosed Celiac and I am also RH Negative.... interesting!! Never heard of that link before. My ancestors come mainely from Ireland and Canada.

#19 little flower

little flower

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

Hello,
I'm O- and have just been told about a possible blood type connection by some swiss friends who had a book about blood types. Unfortunately its in german which I don't read very well, but they said roughly the same as somebody else about it being the oldest blood type and the hunter gatherer thing.
little flower

#20 neesee

neesee

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:06 PM

I'm o+ and biopsy diagnosed.

neesee

#21 CMCM

CMCM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

For what it's worth, my mom is Rh negative, and she has two celiac genes (and got extremely ill before she got diagnosed).
CAROLE

-------------
Enterolab 1/2006
IgA & tTg Positive
DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)
Casein IgA positive
Mom has 2 celiac genes
Both kids have a celiac gene.
Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

#22 Strgzr5000

Strgzr5000

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

Hi there!

I'm O negative, celiac and do best on minimal grains.

Hi, Everyone:

I am new here, and this is my first topic ever posted! Wheeeee!

OK, here is a theory:

I have read on the Internet that a large number of celiacs in the U.K. have Rh-Negative blood types. I was fascinated, because I am with type O-Neg blood.

It is claimed that 20% of everyone in the U.K. is Rh-Neg anyway, and in the U.S., it is closer to 15% of the national population.

People with rare blood types are usually hypersensitive to things (like gluten/gliadin), so if any one out there is Rh-Neg, please RSVP! I want to see if there is a connection.....

Thanks!
REW

#23 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Rh 0- for me & also my daughter. I'm considered gluten intolerant & she is full blown celiacs..We are the oldest bloodtype known & we should be meat eaters not grain eaters.... I have found eating much more meat than I ever did I feel better--- no grains...
My brother is 0- should be on the diet but to stubborn. I suspect my Dad o+ was celiac but we will never know for sure.

mamaw

#24 Luisa2552

Luisa2552

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

I'm A- and of European ancestory (French/ German/ Irish). It's an interesteing theory, though I don't see a connection in the two things. I'll have to read more about it :rolleyes:
Sara

IgA neg
IgG Pos
Biopsies showed blunted villi
HLA DQ2 and HLA DQ5
Gluten free since mid 7/07 and feel great

Daughters 8 & 11 Celiac panels negative

#25 SillyBoo

SillyBoo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

Chalk up another one. I, too, am O- and have celiac. Very interesting!

#26 FranW.

FranW.

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

<_< "O-" This is very interesting. Dr. says celiac but that is based on fantastic response to diet. I could just be gluten intolerant and not actually celiac. She says it doesn't really matter - if I am responding to the diet, and she says that is enough. I also can't tolerate lactose, soy, or potatoes. Am allergic to aspirin, nuts (both), shellfish. The aspirin allergy keeps me from eating fresh fruits and vegetables because of the salycylic acid. I also have lupus. But, it is interesting to me that part of the trouble could be my blood type. My ds is O+ and he is also gluten intolerant.

#27 mftnchn

mftnchn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

Hi, I am O negative, and probably celiac. I wonder if there is any correlation with gene type for celiac? I am double DQ2.
4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

#28 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

I am O-. I feel much better on a high-protein/low-grain diet.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#29 Cat5

Cat5

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:04 PM

I'm A- and have Celiac disease, dead thyroid gland, MVP (mitral valve prolapse), and have food and other skin sensitivities (make-ups and even our chlorinated water makes my skin break out).

#30 barilla

barilla

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:17 PM

I am A- and I have celiac.

I've had one healthy pregnancy before I found out I had celiac. And one miscarriage since going gluten free.

I also have mitral valve prolapse.
And I have low platelets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: