#1 tmk

tmk

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hello!

For those of you who get mouth sores as symptom of gluten ingestion -- what exactly are they like? I've been getting these blister looking things in the back of my throat mainly, but have also popped up a couple of other places in my mouth. They will "go away", but as soon as I eat, they flair up (enlarge) for a while, then will go back down. I've read that mouth sores are a symptom of Celiac, but wasn't sure if it was more the cold sore type mouth sores or something like I am experiencing. Just wondering if it's related to gluten or something entirely different. I'm still ingesting gluten, unfortunately, am feeling worse and worse, but my EGD isn't until Aug. 23rd -- so two more weeks! Anwyays -- if anybody has any experience w/ this, please share.

Thanks in advance!!! :)
Trudy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Janeti

Janeti

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

HELLO, I GET MOUTH SORES WHEN I ACCIDENTLY GET GLUTENED. I WORK IN A HOSPITAL, MONDAY AND TUESDAY, BOTH DAYS I INGESTED GLUTEN...I HAVE BEEN SO SICK ALL THIS WEEK, PLUS ONE WHOPPING SORE IN MY MOUTH. THIS ONE FEELS LIKE I BIT THE SIDE OF MY CHEEK. I'M NOT SURE WHY IT HAPPENS. JUST TODAY THE SORE FINALLY WENT AWAY. NOW I JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE DIZZINESS, STOMACH GURGLING, CRAMPING AND FATIGUE TO GO AWAY. FROM NOW ON, I HAVE TO BRING MY OWN FOOD...ITS NOT WORTH IT.

#3 juliela

juliela

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:19 PM

Hi-
I usualyy get moth sores when I eat gluten and they can appear anywhere from an hour or two to the next morning. They are always on my cheeks, they feel like a bad cheek bite. Before diagnosis, when I was eating a lot of gluten- they were also on the roof of the mouth- toward the back- almost felt like a burn.
Sometimes I rinse with warm salt water, but they usually go away in a day or so.
I would avoid any alcohol-based mouthwashes when they are present, because it irritates it further.

Julie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: