This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Organic gluten-free Black Hair Dye

sedunk

sedunk Apprentice

Greetings,

Does anyone know of an organic gluten-free hair dye for black hair. My allergist thinks I may be allergic to the black dye that I am using on my hair I have really black hair and a very large white streak! Since I am toooooooo young for white hair I dye the roots about every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. I am Italian and my hair grows so fast.

HELP!

Sara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

little d Enthusiast

Have you tried Whole Foods, Do you have a Sallys they have nothing but professional hair products.

donna

sedunk Apprentice
Have you tried Whole Foods, Do you have a Sallys they have nothing but professional hair products.

donna

Greetings,

There is a Sallys about an hour away from here. I will have to check it out. I just found out that Henna is also gluten-free. I have never used it, but am willing to try anything at this point. IS Whole Foods then name of a Store or Product Line?

Thank you so much

Sara

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Greetings,

There is a Sallys about an hour away from here. I will have to check it out. I just found out that Henna is also gluten-free. I have never used it, but am willing to try anything at this point. IS Whole Foods then name of a Store or Product Line?

Thank you so much

Sara

DON'T USE HENNA You can not use henna over a regular hair dye, it will actually say this on the box. It will cause your hair to break off or worse. If you want to use henna you will need to let your hair grow out completely and then cut off the dyed part.

psawyer Proficient

Whole Foods Market is a chain of stores. Open Original Shared Link

sedunk Apprentice
DON'T USE HENNA You can not use henna over a regular hair dye, it will actually say this on the box. It will cause your hair to break off or worse. If you want to use henna you will need to let your hair grow out completely and then cut off the dyed part.

Oh no! Thank you for the heads up! I have really long hair and that would be bad if it broke off! I just don't know what I am going to do!

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Oh no! Thank you for the heads up! I have really long hair and that would be bad if it broke off! I just don't know what I am going to do!

I finally got so frustrated with sores and losing hair that I stopped coloring at all. I still have days when I stand in front of the hair color in the store and look wistfully at all the pretty colors. I tell myself every morning that I like my salt and pepper, that people pay good money for highlights that I have for free, someday I might start to believe it. :D A white streak can be quite dramatic, want to trade for my all over whites? Just kidding of course.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

loraleena Contributor

All the natural dyes at Whole Foods and every other natural store I have been to all have wheat. What is up with this. Only the Henna products don't. I think Garnier might be ok. It is not natural though.

sedunk Apprentice
I finally got so frustrated with sores and losing hair that I stopped coloring at all. I still have days when I stand in front of the hair color in the store and look wistfully at all the pretty colors. I tell myself every morning that I like my salt and pepper, that people pay good money for highlights that I have for free, someday I might start to believe it. :D A white streak can be quite dramatic, want to trade for my all over whites? Just kidding of course.

You are so funny. I am 33 and teach 6th grade. The white streak may be a bit too dramatic, hehehe.

I will post more information if I find it.

Sara

Archived