5 replies to this topic

#1 holdthegluten

holdthegluten

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Does anyone else get these dizzy spells when really bloated. Not spinning dizzy, but more faint-like. I seem to get them when i feel bloated. Do the 2 go hand in hand? I got glutened on Saturday and now i am bloated and light headed. Anyone relate?
28 yr old Male
Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007
Gluten-free/Casein Free
HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!
Married
1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth
" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 hafadai43

hafadai43

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:07 AM

I know exactly how you feel! I am bloated all the time even though totally gluten-free, so I'm in the process of figuring it out with my doctor. On my really bad days I will be really faint and will start to black out EVERY single time I get up from a chair. When I'm having days like these I also feel a lot of pressure in my head and a horrible headache. Do you have any other symptoms that go along with the bloating and light-headedness?

Rachel Lyn

#3 holdthegluten

holdthegluten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:04 PM

I know exactly how you feel! I am bloated all the time even though totally gluten-free, so I'm in the process of figuring it out with my doctor. On my really bad days I will be really faint and will start to black out EVERY single time I get up from a chair. When I'm having days like these I also feel a lot of pressure in my head and a horrible headache. Do you have any other symptoms that go along with the bloating and light-headedness?

Restless and anxious............also kind of mean and a little depressed.
28 yr old Male
Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007
Gluten-free/Casein Free
HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!
Married
1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth
" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
Wayne Dyer

#4 GFhopeful

GFhopeful

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

i get the dizzies too. before diagnosis and before gluten-free it was room-spinning dizziness but ever since going gluten-free that is gone. lately, however, i have been getting more of the light-headed dizziness, kind of like the floor might fall out from under me. it has seemed to help to try to get up from sitting very slowly, to try to have me feet up as often as possible too. my primamry doctor thought i might have some condition abbreviated as POTS but I am trying to figure out if a food is the culprit before trying any medication or further testing. yesterday, i tried gluten-free noodles and also ate cashews for the first time since starting this gluten-free diet and today I have been having these dizzy, off feelings - and not tertribly bloated but kind of burpie. hope to figure it out.
Liz
Dianosed "possible Celiac" May '07 per biopsy with blunted villi
Bloodwork negative
Gluten-Free since June '07
Do NOT have Celiac genes per GI doctor

2 kids, 3 y.o. girl and 19 month old boy

#5 bluejeangirl

bluejeangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:30 AM

Sounds like your blood pressure might be low. I've had this many of times. I also have a theory on the dizziness. If there is alot of gas in our stomachs and intestines it must somehow get absorbed in our bloodstream. That has got to be why we feel so spacey and lightheaded. I guess the question would be what is this gas made up of? and can there be anything we can do to rid our bodies of it. Wouldn't it be the opposite of what happens when your deep sea diving and what happens when you get too deep into the waters and get what's called the bends.(sp?)

I guess I should google it and do some researching. Good question though cause I hate that feeling. I wonder if others feel this as much as we do. Doubt if I'll find anything on the subject.

Gail
Gluten Free since Jan. 06
Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602
Lactose intolerant.

#6 Mbelle

Mbelle

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

Does anyone else get these dizzy spells when really bloated. Not spinning dizzy, but more faint-like. I seem to get them when i feel bloated. Do the 2 go hand in hand? I got glutened on Saturday and now i am bloated and light headed. Anyone relate?

I do. I think I was glutened on Saturday night and it is now a Wednesday night. But even gluten free - I also get faint-like/sleepy/dizzy --- I would also appreciate any insights on this. Does anyone think this relates to blood sugar instability? I think I feel better when I stick to mini-meals throughout the day...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: