Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten/dairy/corn Free Taco Seasoning?

4 posts in this topic

Anybody know of a packaged taco seasoning mix that is gluten free, dairy free, and corn free? My mother in law is insisting on making tacos but I'm gluten free and my nephew has severe milk and corn allergies. I'll make my own if necessary but packaged would be easier. Thanks!!

Ads by Google:

If you don't find anything Fiddle-Faddle posted a taco seasoning recipe for me last year. I subbed out the cornmeal for coconut flour and it works just fine.

I hate packages mixes. Why pay all that money when you can easily do it yourself? I usually just use chili powder for seasoning but sometimes will add salsa, peppers, onions, or whatever else I have around. Ketchup is also vital. I couldn't figure out why mine didn't taste the same as it does in restaurants and then I found a recipe for meat for taco salad. It called for quite a lot of chili powder and plenty of ketchup after the meat has browned. I cook this up and keep individual portions in the freezer for quick taco salads.

I use the bottled Mexican Seasoning Spice mixture I find in the the spice section. I always make sure the it only contain spices and nothing else.