4 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah8793

Sarah8793

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

It is one of the few fast food restaurants in our town that fries french fries in a dedicated fryer. Just wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences there. Thanks!
Don't be afraid to reach for the moon. The worst that can happen is you'll miss and land among the stars.

Positive blood work
2 negative biopsies over 4 year period
Postive EnteroLab results
Lactose/Casein Intolerant
Gluten free since May 2006
Soy free since May 2007

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 zarfkitty

zarfkitty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

I used to love Whataburger, but I haven't tried them since going gluten-free. From what I can tell on their website, their beef patties are safe, but their french fries have CC risk because they also make onion rings. Are you sure your Whataburger location uses different oil vats for fries and onion rings? If you're sure it's only fries, I'd say it's safe.
gluten-free May 17, 2007; casein-light since June 2007

Dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant by Enterolab. Family doc dx'ed "gluten sensitive" after dietary response. DQ 6 & DQ 7

8 year old daughter dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant & malabsorption by Enterolab and has been GFCL since June 12, 2007. Excellent response to diet, including growth! Tummyaches & irritability are gone! DQ 5 & DQ 6

Husband has DQ 5 (elementary, my dear Watson!). Self-diagnosed gluten-intolerant by diet response and challenge.

#3 Sarah8793

Sarah8793

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

I used to love Whataburger, but I haven't tried them since going gluten-free. From what I can tell on their website, their beef patties are safe, but their french fries have CC risk because they also make onion rings. Are you sure your Whataburger location uses different oil vats for fries and onion rings? If you're sure it's only fries, I'd say it's safe.

I have asked, and they tell me yes. But I do wonder if that depends on who is working.
Don't be afraid to reach for the moon. The worst that can happen is you'll miss and land among the stars.

Positive blood work
Soy free since May 2007

#4 Spirit of the Home

Spirit of the Home

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:37 AM

I have asked, and they tell me yes. But I do wonder if that depends on who is working.

For all the fast food chain burger stops my daughter and I ask what they do with the oil from the day before.. Some have said they pour the leftovers all together and use it the next day. That is a flag for me. I just don't eat at them for the most part. I have the hamburger patty at Jack in the Box and their Ice Tea. with the veggies on the burger. I have found that to be safe for me. I eat that when I am traveling. Good luck on finding the places where you can eat in your area.

Spirit of the Home

#5 Sarah8793

Sarah8793

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:42 PM

For all the fast food chain burger stops my daughter and I ask what they do with the oil from the day before.. Some have said they pour the leftovers all together and use it the next day. That is a flag for me. I just don't eat at them for the most part. I have the hamburger patty at Jack in the Box and their Ice Tea. with the veggies on the burger. I have found that to be safe for me. I eat that when I am traveling. Good luck on finding the places where you can eat in your area.

Spirit of the Home

I never even thought about this! Thanks for bringing this up. I will call and check again.

Positive blood work
Soy free since May 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: