17 replies to this topic

#16 Cruiser Bob

Cruiser Bob

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

Canker sores in mouth - - rinse mouth with Aloe Vera juice = sores gone in 24 hours.

At least that's how I've dealt with mouth sores for the past 10+- years. I'll have to start paying more attention to when they pop out - which is rarely any more. Bob

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mamabear

mamabear

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

Mouth ulcers from a pinpoint blister that pokes out until it pops,,,to superficial ulcers on my gums, tongue feels scalded....yep, that's my first or close second signs I've been glutened.
A combo of liquid benadryl/liquid maalox/and Rx viscous lidocaine (swish and spit out) also helps.
Oh yes! Staying on high dose vitamin B complex and Vit C is the best preventative besides the gluten-free diet! :D
Iron deficiency without anemia, unexplained weight loss 2/2003
Positive celiac biopsy 4/2003
Autoimmune thyroiditis 8/2005

Gluten Free Since 2003

#18 cyberprof

cyberprof

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

Mouth ulcers from a pinpoint blister that pokes out until it pops,,,to superficial ulcers on my gums, tongue feels scalded....yep, that's my first or close second signs I've been glutened.
A combo of liquid benadryl/liquid maalox/and Rx viscous lidocaine (swish and spit out) also helps.
Oh yes! Staying on high dose vitamin B complex and Vit C is the best preventative besides the gluten-free diet! :D

My DS has not yet been diagnosed (age 14, going to GI next week) had a bakery sample and got a canker sore before he left the store! Really quick reaction! I think that is what made him realize that I wasn't just "over-reacting"!
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: