17 replies to this topic

#1 CarolB

CarolB

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:24 AM

I received assurance from Maybelline that Shiny-Lucious, Moisture Extreem, Superstay Lipcolor and Shine Seduction lipstick ARE gluten-free. I also received the same assurance from Estee Lauder that their lipsticks are gluten free. Has anyone else contacted these or other lipstick manufacturers?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_thatchickali_*

Guest_thatchickali_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:46 AM

I started a similar topic: http://www.glutenfre...showtopic=37642

Did you mean "shiny-licious" and is it the lip gloss in the tube, cause I think I have that one laying around from before I was dx'd and I didn't know about using it.

Have you had success using any of those maybelline lip colors?

#3 CarolB

CarolB

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

I started a similar topic: http://www.glutenfre...showtopic=37642

Did you mean "shiny-licious" and is it the lip gloss in the tube, cause I think I have that one laying around from before I was dx'd and I didn't know about using it.

Have you had success using any of those maybelline lip colors?

This was Maybelline's reply:

Thank you for your interest in Shiny-Licious, Moisture Extreme, Superstay Lipcolor, and Shine Seduction.

The safety of our consumers is our highest priority. As a global leader, the L'Oréal group of companies, which includes Maybelline New York, is dedicated to rigorous standards of manufacturing excellence that result in the highest product quality. The products we sell meet the most stringent standards for safety.

All the ingredients we use in a product are listed on the package or the label of the product itself. For products too small to accommodate the list, a separate ingredient list is available on the display unit in the store for your convenience. Since some ingredients are known by more than one name, we use the standard industry names for ingredients as found in the International Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary. This dictionary lists FDA-recognized names.

These product's do not contain Gluten.

If you would like to request an ingredient list for a specific product, please call us at 1-800-944-0730, Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, ET.

#4 Lov2BeMe

Lov2BeMe

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

Ok i have emailed Maybelline and havent had a responce yet. I dont know which ones I am using. I just know that they are in a twist tube and the number of the color.. I also need to know about Revalon lipsticks, Victoria Secret Lip gloss and loreal. If anyone has this info thanks for your help. I also have been using maybelline age rewind liquid foundation. I put it on my lips to ensure my lip color stays on longer, and I hope I am not making myself sick from doing this..
"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Kahlil Gibran"

#5 mamasaidso

mamasaidso

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

I recently ordered some lipstick from Afterglow after seeing advertisement on the forum. It's really wonderful. A little pricey, but totally gluten-free and no chemicals. It's worth the price. I can't wait to try some other shades. If you're not sure what shade to order you can talk to consultant on line. Nice company to deal with.

#6 raisin

raisin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

Afterglow states : "Are your gluten free cosmetics made in a gluten free facility? Our gluten free cosmetics are made in a facility that makes other non gluten free cosmetics."

Anyone sensitive should be aware that this brand is not totally gluten-free, just technically gluten free.

I am still looking for just one single totally gluten-free cosmetics line.

#7 oceangirl

oceangirl

oceangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Lancome's line Le Rouge Absolu is gluten-free. I'm highly sensitive to gluten and have worn their lipstick every day for over two years. Pricey but lasts and worth it.

lisa

#8 HotPeaSoup

HotPeaSoup

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

I use Afterglow Cosmetics. Actually, in the last 2 years I've switched virtually all my cosmetics to the Afterglow brand. I'm highly allergic to soy and gluten. Afterglow's gluten free lipsticks and lip liner are amazing and I hear that they just came out with gluten free organic lip glosses too!

I find it really comforting to know that the founder of Afterglow understands celiac diseas from a personal perspective. The website says that both her mother and sister have celiac disease. I've called Afterglow's customer service before and they all seem very knowledgeable about gluten issues... which is a huge difference from most companies who don't have a clue or just email an automated response.

It seems that Afterglow has updated their website since the last comments (and added new products)... it's very interesting. . . Afterglow Cosmetics Gluten Free Statement

:) Lauren

#9 Lisa16

Lisa16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

Raisin-- I know of a couple of lines that are completely gluten-free. Of course, they are pricey.

Nars-- everything
Shiseido-- owned by Nars
100% pure-- only the mascara is not
t. LeClerc tells me all of their makeup is too
Smashbox (all but mascara)
EcoNvey (no gluten ingredients)

Chanel says all lipsticks and glosses are
Some Clinique is
Some Lancome is

Have fun shopping!

#10 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

I recently switched to Nars mascara and blush--love them!! I also tried Afterglow lipstick and lip liner and was very impressed. :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#11 oceangirl

oceangirl

oceangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

Where does one find "Afterglow'? I just re-researched a bunch of Lancome products 'cause I needed/(wanted) some new lipstick and Le Rouge Absolu, Color Design and L'Absolu Rouge are still gluten free.

lisa

#12 rbeccatexas

rbeccatexas

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Go to www.afterglowcosmetics.com. I actually placed an order for one of the starter kits and some eyeshadows last night and if I like them, will probably be ordering more. They are a little pricey but not anymore so than department stores. I'm also trying the Rejuva and Everyday Minerals to see which one I like best. :)

#13 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Where does one find "Afterglow'?

Lisa, here's the link. I bought a tube of the lipstick and a lip pencil--they threw in a sharpener for free. :D

http://www.afterglowcosmetics.com/
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#14 oceangirl

oceangirl

oceangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:12 PM

Thanks, Patti and rbeccatexas!

lisa

#15 sylviaann

sylviaann

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:16 AM

Afterglow states : "Are your gluten free cosmetics made in a gluten free facility? Our gluten free cosmetics are made in a facility that makes other non gluten free cosmetics."

Anyone sensitive should be aware that this brand is not totally gluten-free, just technically gluten free.

I am still looking for just one single totally gluten-free cosmetics line.

I realize that this is an old thread but wanted everyone to know that I recently communicated with a regional manager at AfterGlow. When I inquired as to whether the company's Everyday Mineral products (including lipsticks) were actually tested for gluten and soy, the answer was NO.
I would love to try their products but I am super sensitive. If anyone who is SUPER SENSITIVE has safely used the foundation (loose powder for dry skin), lipsticks, lip pencils, blush, and bronzer without a reaction, please let me know.
Thanks a million,
Sylviaann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: