Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Almay Makeup

8 posts in this topic

Hi all...

I finally received my emailed question regarding Almay makeup. I am going makeup-free for awhile to see if there is any change in my health. I hope I don't scare anyone!!!!

Dear Mrs. Reslink:

Thank you for your recent comments from the Almay website and your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, because of the way cosmetic ingredients are made and transported, we cannot guarantee that a product is gluten-free.

If we can be of further assistance, please call our Consumer Information Center toll-free at 1-800-473-8566. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM. Any of our representatives will be glad to assist you.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Replies sent to this email address cannot be answered. If you have additional comments about this issue, please click here:

http://www.econsumeraffairs.com/almay/cont...&F2=EM&

If you have comments on a separate issue, please return to our corporate website: http://www.almay.com

Sincerely,

Allison Mitchel

Senior Claims Representative

Ads by Google:
Hi all...

I finally received my emailed question regarding Almay makeup. I am going makeup-free for awhile to see if there is any change in my health. I hope I don't scare anyone!!!!

Dear Mrs. Reslink:

Thank you for your recent comments from the Almay website and your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, because of the way cosmetic ingredients are made and transported, we cannot guarantee that a product is gluten-free.

If we can be of further assistance, please call our Consumer Information Center toll-free at 1-800-473-8566. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM. Any of our representatives will be glad to assist you.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Replies sent to this email address cannot be answered. If you have additional comments about this issue, please click here:

http://www.econsumeraffairs.com/almay/cont...&F2=EM&

If you have comments on a separate issue, please return to our corporate website: http://www.almay.com

Sincerely,

Allison Mitchel

Senior Claims Representative

I knew there was some reason that I did not like Almay - and what does the gluten content have to do with its transportation.

BANNED FOR LIFE for me! AND Alison Mitchel should be fired for putting out that letter.

I wrote Almay and get a great response. I asked about specific products though. maybe that would help?

Kassandra

I wrote Almay and get a great response. I asked about specific products though. maybe that would help?

Kassandra

Can you post your response? I asked specifically about lipstick.

BTW - I am also "free" of nuts, etc... (not milk - but try to avoid) It keeps me skinny for a 38-year old mom with 2 teenagers. I don't stress it - except when I want to go to a function and freak out about mixed nuts out at the tables. I actually skip things if I know nuts will be served.

Lol. I am still having weight problems. I am thin, but I am about 5 lbs over what I want to be which amazes me because I can eat so little. I think it is summer break. LOL...lets hope!

I actually don't have the response from Almay anymore. Unfortunately I deleted it. If you want, what is the product you want info on and I'll write them and see what happens? Maybe if more than one person writes...we may get different answers?

Kassandra

I called Almay recently and asked about the One Coat Mascara. The woman looked it up and told me that all of the One Coat Mascaras were gluten-free.

They probably don't want to issue a blanket statement or give a list because suppliers can change as well as ingredients/formulations.

I don't rely on lists, but call about individual products (foods or personal care). That seems to be the way to get the most accurate information.

I called Almay recently and asked about the One Coat Mascara. The woman looked it up and told me that all of the One Coat Mascaras were gluten-free.

They probably don't want to issue a blanket statement or give a list because suppliers can change as well as ingredients/formulations.

I don't rely on lists, but call about individual products (foods or personal care). That seems to be the way to get the most accurate information.

Thanks! That is what I will do asap! I don't want to get rid of all my expensive make-up.

Lol. I am still having weight problems. I am thin, but I am about 5 lbs over what I want to be which amazes me because I can eat so little. I think it is summer break. LOL...lets hope!

I actually don't have the response from Almay anymore. Unfortunately I deleted it. If you want, what is the product you want info on and I'll write them and see what happens? Maybe if more than one person writes...we may get different answers?

Kassandra

Thanks Kassandra! I am going to call them.

BTW - 5 "extra" pounds is sexy! Be glad you have it, especially with our diet situation. My Celiac made me so sick and skinny that I got down to 100 lbs! Now that my body uses the food I eat, I have gained about 15 lbs and am thrilled! My husband loves it, and so do I. Perfect is in your own head. People will see you how you see yourself.