12 replies to this topic

#1 safetylegs

safetylegs

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

There is a new Restaurant in calgary that advertizes to be a "gluten free gourmet", I am told it is called "A Tasty Menu" address??, has anybody tried it??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 2Boys4Me

2Boys4Me

Ty & me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

Never heard of it. We had a Celiac Kids picnic last weekend and the lady from the association didn't mention it. There had been a restaurant in SW Calgary that was mostly if not all gluten free, but it shut down after about 6 months.
Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)
Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05
biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05
Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

#3 Caregiver

Caregiver

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

There is a new Restaurant in calgary that advertizes to be a "gluten free gourmet", I am told it is called "A Tasty Menu" address??, has anybody tried it??

Went out for dinner tonight They are new, first week open. They are totally gluten free. We had great Brazilian Cheese Buns. They said they also serve dairy free gluten free buns. Menu looks great. Food tasted super. They are located 0n 17th AVenue S.E. I think around 42 Street

#4 num1habsfan

num1habsfan

Prairie field, possibly the best picture I've taken!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:45 AM

Went out for dinner tonight They are new, first week open. They are totally gluten free. We had great Brazilian Cheese Buns. They said they also serve dairy free gluten free buns. Menu looks great. Food tasted super. They are located 0n 17th AVenue S.E. I think around 42 Street

I wish this place existed when I was there in February, thats for sure ...by the time I go back it'll be closed :lol:

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...
...26 years old...
...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

#5 safetylegs

safetylegs

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

Finally made it there to check it out for myself last night. I had a cheese bun sandwich...A Real Sandwich that tasted like one! Definitly worth checking it out.

They gave me a business card so here is the official address.

#105 4202-17ave SE
Ph 235-0031

#6 grovermummyC4

grovermummyC4

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

I love A Tasty Menu! I am a single mother of three and yes we all have Celiac Disease, I eat here 2-3 times a week and find that the food and price draw me back time after time. I can ether go to the mall and have a xl combo at newyork fries or I can go to A Tasty Menu and get a wonderful soup and sandwich.
Some of our favs are Yam fries, soup, curry, pizza and cake. I didn't know how I was going to servive with three kids and no take out pizza and this solves that problem. I call them up, pick up and there is no worries about CC at all.

I will say the area is not the best and the decor is not that great but the food and the people are, and you can't beat having a meal that you don't have to worry about.

Go try you will love it.

#7 Rusla

Rusla

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:13 AM

Yes, I have actually I was there twice in two days. Their food is all made from scratch and they serve pizza and delicious chocolate cake. They have a children's menu also. Even though they are far away from me, it is worth it to drive there. There is absolutely no gluten in that restaurant. Go and enjoy it.
Rusla

Asthma-1969
wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980
Multiple food, environmental allergies
allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha
Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972
Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease
gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005
Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005
Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

#8 Sealy

Sealy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:30 PM

"A Tasty Menu" is a wonderful restaurant! They have a very vegan friendly menu as well as their gluten free fare.

Their Hours are:

Wed-Sat 11 to 8
Sunday 11 to 7
Closed Monday & Tuesday

And they are in a kinda funny location, but great if you want to shop at Shun Fat grocery store on the way there or back! (I find that I have to eat more asian foods to help cut out gluten)

Tasty Menu address is:
105-4202 17 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB, Canada
(403) 235-0031

#9 Rusla

Rusla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

I wish this place existed when I was there in February, thats for sure ...by the time I go back it'll be closed :lol:

~ Lisa ~

No it won't, Lisa. I think I alone am paying their bills. I have taken four people there who have been bringing their friends and family and I have been there three times this week.

Talk about an addict.
Rusla

Asthma-1969
wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980
Multiple food, environmental allergies
allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha
Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972
Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease
gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005
Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005
Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

#10 allthingsintime

allthingsintime

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:12 AM

I'm taking friends there tonight, can't wait to try it out. I saw their write up in rising women magazine.
In addition to the celiac I can't eat corn, potatoes, coconut and a whole bunch of other things which make most "gluten free" foods totally out for me. But when I called to make the reservation it sounds like I'll have no trouble eating there!!!!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pizza I miss pizza

Erynn

#11 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

Wow, I am so excited now! I will have to go there!
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#12 giftedspirit

giftedspirit

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

Don't let the exterior fool you! My boy's loved it! " This is better than McDonalds" says my 11 year old!

Sweet potatoe fries! Cheese bun hamburgers! Pepperoni Pizza for my 6 year old... and the chocolate cake sitting on the counter looks like a " repeat visit" waiting to happen!

Prices were awesome!

happy happy!

#13 writer

writer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:55 AM

My husband and I ate there yesterday. It was great. It is a seedy area of the city, but I don't care. It was the first time I didn't have to study a menu for 30 minutes trying to figure out which item would harm me the least.
I was so excited I felt like a kid on Christmas morning! I didn't know what to order--I wanted to try everything.

For the past 2 years, I have watched my husband eat grilled chicken sandwiches and fries in just about every restaurant in this city. Now, finally, I could have that. I had the grilled chicken sandwich with yam fries, and he had the burger and fries. (I ate some of his fries, too) The food was excellent, the prices are very low.

A wonderful experience. We are going back today!

Support this restaurant!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: