Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Support Group In Western Mass?

4 posts in this topic

Greetings one and all--I'm looking for the gluten-free community in western ma---if there's a support group, I want to join! If not, can we start one?

I've been pleased to see there are options for eating out---Smokin Lils, Woodstar, chicago Uno and more. Maybe it's just ho-hum to be looking for support. Maybe noone needs a forum or group?

I've been gluten free for over 3 years, Dx by biopsy, but I still crave to know others. Went to the GIG conference in Richmond for just that reason---like being one who is gay and going to gay pride to be w/ others like yourself!! :rolleyes: I learned alot, but met noone local :(

So hellloooo out there?

Anyone???

Thanks for listening---

Jamilah

Ads by Google:

Greetings one and all--I'm looking for the gluten-free community in western ma---if there's a support group, I want to join! If not, can we start one?

I've been pleased to see there are options for eating out---Smokin Lils, Woodstar, chicago Uno and more. Maybe it's just ho-hum to be looking for support. Maybe noone needs a forum or group?

I've been gluten free for over 3 years, Dx by biopsy, but I still crave to know others. Went to the GIG conference in Richmond for just that reason---like being one who is gay and going to gay pride to be w/ others like yourself!! :rolleyes: I learned alot, but met noone local :(

So hellloooo out there?

Anyone???

Thanks for listening---

Jamilah

Jamilah, you posted this FOUR YEARS ago - and no replies. I am asking the same question today. I am in Lee, in Berkshire County. I was FINALLY diagnosed celiac March 1 this year. Two days ago, the weight gain and resultant hypoglycemia has pushed me into the bottom of diabetes 2 regions. NONE OF THIS IS MY FAULT! I would love to have a group in this area somewhere. Are you still game? Where, exactly, are you?

Jamilah, you posted this FOUR YEARS ago - and no replies. I am asking the same question today. I am in Lee, in Berkshire County. I was FINALLY diagnosed celiac March 1 this year. Two days ago, the weight gain and resultant hypoglycemia has pushed me into the bottom of diabetes 2 regions. NONE OF THIS IS MY FAULT! I would love to have a group in this area somewhere. Are you still game? Where, exactly, are you?

This poster hasn't been on in 4 years so not likely she will see your message. Maybe someone newer will see it?

Hello PiperMum,

Have you found the "Gluten Free in Western Mass" blog (link: http://glutenfreema....ress.com/about/) yet? Or reached out to the Celiac Support Group of Western Massachusetts? I am in the midst of clarifying which dietitian oversees the group at the moment, but I wanted to at least reach out to you to know there is a group in Western Mass- though, I'm not sure if it meets close enough in the Berkshires for you or not. At least the blog will be a good place to start for you.

-Carrie