Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Make-up

13 posts in this topic

While I am mad that Almay won't email me the list of gluten free products they so obviously have right at their finger tips, they did clear up my questions (after a long wait to talk to a rep). I exclusively use Almay, so their reply made me happy...

The following are gluten free:

Concealer Stick

Lengthening Mascara

Hydracolor Lipstick

Nearly Naked Liquid Make-up :o

Nearly Naked Powder

& Revlon Super Lusterous Lipstick (they own Revlon)

Hope this helps someone! Now I can feel pretty again - not the tired-looking mother I really am.

Holly :D

Ads by Google:

I talked to someone who has Celiac and has had it for a long time and she wears the same makeup she always did and doesnt ever have a problem, she said as long as it is not ingested...which Mascara and eye liner wouldnt be. So do you all still wear regular makeup?? B/C I cannot find makeup anywhere and I need it!!!

I talked to someone who has Celiac and has had it for a long time and she wears the same makeup she always did and doesnt ever have a problem, she said as long as it is not ingested...which Mascara and eye liner wouldnt be. So do you all still wear regular makeup?? B/C I cannot find makeup anywhere and I need it!!!

I use all the same makeup, now that I found out it is gluten free. I am not interested in having ANY gluten entering my body on any level. I am sick of being sick! My eyes are a perfect way for gluten to enter my body. My lipstick, cover-up - can all get in my mouth. I am going to make sure I am careful. Go for the makeup you like and just call the company to double check.

Hope that helps!

While I am mad that Almay won't email me the list of gluten free products they so obviously have right at their finger tips, they did clear up my questions (after a long wait to talk to a rep). I exclusively use Almay, so their reply made me happy...

The following are gluten free:

Concealer Stick

Lengthening Mascara

Hydracolor Lipstick

Nearly Naked Liquid Make-up :o

Nearly Naked Powder

& Revlon Super Lusterous Lipstick (they own Revlon)

Hope this helps someone! Now I can feel pretty again - not the tired-looking mother I really am.

Holly :D

I called Almay customer service several times within the past 2 days, since I learned most of my Clinique cosmetics contain either gluten or soy. They are VERY helpful and patient on the phone. I didn't want to wait for email responses and knew I'd forget to ask something in email. So I just kept calling with my questions. I also hit a local 50% off on Almay products sale at a local drug store chain. So I'm busy shopping and replacing all my Clinique products with Almay products.

BURDEE

I've been contacting Clinique and M.A.C., as those are my two favs. Here are the ones I've found out to be gluten free. (Also soy free unless otherwise stated) (Both Clinique and M.A.C. consider wheat, rye, barley, oats, soy and corn to be a gluten, and M.A.C. also includes rice as a gluten)

Clinique: (1-866-707-2100 to call for ingredient info)

Extra Mild Facial Soap-corn only

Dramatically Different Moisturizer (FYI-GEL does have soy)

Gentle Light Powder-

Glosswear for Lips Intense Sparkle

Glosswear for Lips Sheer Shimmer

Workout Makeup all day wear-corn only

Soft Pressed Powder Blusher

Almost Makeup SPF 15-(contains corn and soy)

TruBronze Pressed Powder-(contains corn and soy)

M.A.C. (1-800-387-6707 to call for ingredient info)

Studio Fix Pressed Powder

Iridescent Pressed AND Loose Powder

Bronzing Powder

Select Sheer Pressed AND Loose- (contains corn and soy)

Studio Tech-(contains corn and soy)

Studio Touch up Stick

Studio Stick Concealer

Select Moisturecover

Prep+Prime Eye

Shadestick

Eyeshadow-(contains soy)

Fibre Rich Lash Mascara

Splashproof Mascara

Plushglass-(contains soy)

Tinted Lipglass

Green Gel Cleanser-(contains soy and corn)

Lightful Cleanser

Lip Pencil

Hope that helps!! ;)

Katie

I've been contacting Clinique and M.A.C., as those are my two favs. Here are the ones I've found out to be gluten free. (Also soy free unless otherwise stated) (Both Clinique and M.A.C. consider wheat, rye, barley, oats, soy and corn to be a gluten, and M.A.C. also includes rice as a gluten)

Clinique: (1-866-707-2100 to call for ingredient info)

Extra Mild Facial Soap-corn only

Dramatically Different Moisturizer (FYI-GEL does have soy)

Gentle Light Powder-

Glosswear for Lips Intense Sparkle

Glosswear for Lips Sheer Shimmer

Workout Makeup all day wear-corn only

Soft Pressed Powder Blusher

Almost Makeup SPF 15-(contains corn and soy)

TruBronze Pressed Powder-(contains corn and soy)

M.A.C. (1-800-387-6707 to call for ingredient info)

Studio Fix Pressed Powder

Iridescent Pressed AND Loose Powder

Bronzing Powder

Select Sheer Pressed AND Loose- (contains corn and soy)

Studio Tech-(contains corn and soy)

Studio Touch up Stick

Studio Stick Concealer

Select Moisturecover

Prep+Prime Eye

Shadestick

Eyeshadow-(contains soy)

Fibre Rich Lash Mascara

Splashproof Mascara

Plushglass-(contains soy)

Tinted Lipglass

Green Gel Cleanser-(contains soy and corn)

Lightful Cleanser

Lip Pencil

Hope that helps!! ;)

Katie

I was told the extra mild liquid soap has barley extract. Infact i even read it on the bottle. I hope your using the bar soap, that is fine.

I have a clinique post up here with all the stuff i have found, Clinque is all I wear.

Yay! I have a tube of that Hydracolor lipstick, that I didn't know about so I haven't been using it!

I thought lipstick would be the hardest to find, but it seems like there are a lot of Gluten Free lipsticks/glosses out there.

I was told the extra mild liquid soap has barley extract. Infact i even read it on the bottle. I hope your using the bar soap, that is fine.

I have a clinique post up here with all the stuff i have found, Clinque is all I wear.

Yes, it is the bar soap; thank you for bringing that up! I didn't realize I forgot to put in that part.

I'll have to take a look for your Clinique post. :D

I am new to this whole thing. As most of the posts on this topic are from last year, I contacted both Revlon and Neutrogena. They both told me the exact same thing. Due to the manufacturing, and handling process neither company is willing to say that any of their products are free of wheat or gluten.

:(

Too bad.

I am new to this whole thing. As most of the posts on this topic are from last year, I contacted both Revlon and Neutrogena. They both told me the exact same thing. Due to the manufacturing, and handling process neither company is willing to say that any of their products are free of wheat or gluten.

:(

Too bad.

Try looking into smaller mineral makeup companies. Many of them will tell you without a doubt that their products are gluten free.

Lots of gals here rave about Everyday Minerals. I have a couple of products from them, but the bulk of my makeup comes from other mineral makeup companies.

The downside is that you can't just walk into any store to pick these up - they're almost exclusively mail/internet ordering.

If you want names of more companies, let me know!

Try looking into smaller mineral makeup companies. Many of them will tell you without a doubt that their products are gluten free.

Lots of gals here rave about Everyday Minerals. I have a couple of products from them, but the bulk of my makeup comes from other mineral makeup companies.

The downside is that you can't just walk into any store to pick these up - they're almost exclusively mail/internet ordering.

If you want names of more companies, let me know!

I would love any info I could get. I am in the beauty industry so can't really get away with showing up to work au naturale. I am supposed to start the diet next week after I get the biopsy, though the symptoms and blood test say positive so I am attempting to get a head start on all this.

Any help with makeup, haircare and skincare would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! :D

Here's what I use:

Foundation: either Meow Cosmetics or Aromaleigh Cosmetics (If you Google either of these, you will find websites - don't want to risk giving you a "lame advertisement link" LOL)

Blush comes from either: Meow, Aromaleigh or About Face (Google The She Space)

Eyeshadow: Mainly from The She Space or Silk Naturals

Mascara: Honestly I just use whatever from the drugstore, I figure there's very little chance of that getting ingested ;)

Skincare: I use MyChelle Dermaceuticals, but am considering switching because MyChelle is a little expensive - but it works REALLY well for me

Haircare: I've tried a number of different products, and I like Avalon Organics, but it does have beta glucan (oats) in it. I recently purchased Dove shampoo and conditioner, and am doing ok with those

Body wash: Dr Bronner's Castille Soap (the almond one) - this stuff can be used for all kinds of things, from shampoo to laundry to washing your dog! It's been the most gentle to my skin of anything I've tried.

I know there have been several threads about gluten free personal products (shampoo, deodorant, etc) so you might do a search and see what you can find.

I have a pretty extensive list of other makeup companies, but the ones I listed are the ones I know, use and trust.

If you need more, say the word and I'll shoot you a PM. :)

Happy shopping!

I realize this post is ancient, but I'm replying because it came up when I searched for Gluten Free Makeup on Google.

For anyone else who comes across this, it absolutely does matter what you put on your face whether it's near your mouth or not. Anything that gets into your eyes can be ingested. Small particles can be washed into your sinuses and down your throat via your tear ducts. That's why you can often taste shampoo after you've gotten it into your eyes. I strongly recommend avoiding shampoo, eye makeup, foundation and anything else with gluten or known allergens or things to which your are sensitive.

Have a great day!