This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

New Here

momofcddh

momofcddh Newbie

hello,

I have searched this site for quite awhile,have gotten alot of info,recipiesetc. I have a 4yr old with celiac disease and dh,also lactose int. every day seems to be trial and error but we get through it, I never ever thought about gluten until 9mths ,ago when our child was diagnosed, what a nightmare. Everything from food to meds, soap shampoo,calling companys, is very frustrating. My daughter is the only one at her daycare with celiac disease. I provide everything, this year she starts kindergarten a whole new can of worms to deal with. I see on this site alot of parents with children that have celiac disease. The meeting I attend for celiac disease is very informative but I have the only child so far,so I am hoping to converse with outer parents on this site.

Thank You so very much

momofcddh child

• 3 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

You should try to find a ROCK group, raising our celiac kids which is a kids group and it is really helpful

Guest jhmom

Hi momofcddh: My 8 year old daughter was recently diagnosed, the gluten-free diet took some getting use to but we are both feeling a lot better on it. :D

As far as her school, she is in the 3rd grade and I am sure she is the only one with celiac disease too. She takes her lunch everyday and I asked her teacher if she would mind warming her hot lunch up (rice, chicken,corn pasta or hamburgers), I told her it wasn't as simple as packing her a sandwich. It has not been a problem yet and I hope it never becomes one.

I provide her snacks and candy for the treat jar. Everything has went pretty well this year except one time a parent brought in cup cakes and no one called me to let me know so that I could provide her with one. They gave her one and she ATE it!!! I was a little upset, I sent another letter to her teacher explaining the seriousness of this disease and told her that was like giving a sugar treat to a diabetic child!!! I instructed them to give her a couple pieces of her candy if that ever happened again, but if someone would call me to let me know I would arrange for my daughter to have a special treat too!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - trents replied to Julie Riordan's topic in Traveling with Celiac Disease

Any ideas for travelling

2. - trents replied to Braver101's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant sweating with celiac disease

3. - Julie Riordan posted a topic in Traveling with Celiac Disease

Any ideas for travelling

4. - Braver101 posted a topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant sweating with celiac disease

5. - Tlbaked13 replied to djmu's topic in Related Issues & Disorders

Peripheral Neuropathy

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

CandiceK
    Newest Member
    CandiceK
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      There are supplements available that can help breakdown minor amounts of gluten such as you might experience with cross contamination when dining out and you order gluten free items from a menu. But they will not help when larger amounts of gluten are consumed. One such product that many on this forum attest to as having helped them in this regard is GliadinX. The inventor of GlidinX is one our forum sponsors so you should know that.
    • trents
      There is such a thing, believe it or not, called gluten withdrawal. Gluten has addictive properties similar to opiates. I know it sounds bizarre but research it. Also, are you compensating for the loss of vitamins and minerals you were getting from the FDA mandated fortified wheat flour products you were formerly consuming?
    • Julie Riordan
      Just wondering can anyone help me out.heading on holidays and don’t really know what expect.if I get glutened are there tablets that you can take
    • Braver101
      Does anyone else get soaking wet sweats just out of nowhere? I’m not in menopause, there’s nothing wrong with me except celiac disease and my thyroid, and I’m taking my medicine. I am 18 days gluten-free but I cannot stop sweating and it makes me freezing cold and I’m soaking wet and changing my clothes literally as I’m changing my clothes the new clothes are soaking wet and nobody will help me. Please somebody out there help me. 
    • Tlbaked13
      Sometimes I end up spitting out a drink of water! But for the most part I do ok with the liquids that I've been sticking to which Is hardly anything carbonated (meaning diet soda mainly)  I drink alot of tea which I make myself lipton cold brew sweetened with half sugar and half Splenda, smoothies when I could in the beginning but made with milk so I'm now using orange juice instead of the milk but it doesn't workout real often I drink black coffee in the mornings with no trouble usually and I've been experimenting with some juices but the sugar content is a set back I'm not a huge water fan but will drink it unfortunately where I live I can't do the tap water I'm the only one who has a problem with it apparently but for some reason I just can't...unless I'm using it in coffee or tea and the tea even took me some time to stand yes I have thought about boost/ ensure but they are very costly for someone who is scrapping the bottom at this time