Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Kind Of Pizza Crust Do You Use?

30 posts in this topic

Carol Fenster's pizza crust is the best...it is not time consuming at all. I have made both the yeast and yeast free versions in her "Special Diet Solutions" cookbook.

I'll tell you how easy it is...the other day the baby was screaming, playing, and "right up under me" with every step I took. Well, I made her recipe and didn't measure anything! I dumped what "looked about right" into my mixer then slapped it on a pie pan. Whamo!...pizza.

I've done this two more times since then. Don't get me wrong, when the hubby is home, I carefully measure everything. But when it's me vs. my one year old...time is of the essense.

Amazingly, all three times I had to do this "rush method" the pizza crust was still delicious. I have to add that I make this pizza crust a lot!...so, I've got the ingredients memorized.

I also add parmasean cheese to the crust mixture...adds a nice flavor!

The best premade pizza crusts I've tried are made by Kinnikinnick and Ener-G. :)

Happy shopping or baking! -Julie

Ads by Google:

STASHU'S AND SON'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had quite a few pizza crusts from resturaunts and home made and packaged. Havn't found anything yet that beats it. Even our non celiac friends and family love it!!! A local guy from here makes it and sells it at HyVee. He also makes the pizza's and calzones...gluten-free of course....in his pizza house. I have had the kininakanik frozen pizza crusts and they are good but this crust is more like what I remember "real" pizza to be.

I think Don Pepino's might be an east coast thing or even less widespread, because Don Pepino himself lives in New Jersey. My husband (soon to be ex-husband, woohoo!) met him once in Princeton, where he presented him with a can of sauce. It is really good sauce, except for all the tomato seeds. Nice flavor, too much crunch.

Our sauce (and we like lots of sauce, and thick): spread the crust with tomato puree, sprinkle on garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. That's it. Add the cheese for the last 4-5 minutes of baking if you don't want it to brown.

Yea, I found Don Pepino's pizza sauce in a Giant Eagle in Seven Fields.....

A ? for Hannahsue01:::: are you saying sashu&sons have great crusts? Where to do buy them from if so?Or do you have the recipe?

mamaw

I like the Gillian's frozen pizza dough that I get at WHole foods. I roll it out a little thinner than they say and I use a pizza stone, comes out GREAT!