This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

If You're Feeling Low... Read This

Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker Contributor

:rolleyes: Oh boy. My four year old is the little Darth Vader in my avatar. I often call him Darth Ezra, or Doctor Destructo. When asked what he wants to be when he grows up, it's as likely that he'll say "A super villain!" as any actual career.

Well...

He has done something horrible to my car. Something so terrible that when I discovered it, I didn't even trust myself to say anything to him about it. I pretended I didn't see it :huh: and walked away.

We were riding along along a couple days ago (I only discovered this thing yesterday,) and he apparently wondered what half-chewed Strawberry Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum would look like smeared all over his window. :( So he tried that out. Half-chewed, mind you, when it's still all sugary and mooshy.

When that novelty wore off, he decided to see what would happen when he rolled the window

down... :o ...and then back up... and then back down... and up... etc.

When we got home, they were almost at the end of the movie they were watching, so I allowed them to hang out and watch the end while I went in to take the dog out. He decided that the whole goo-on-the-window thing was soooo cool, that he tried it out on his brother's window as well. I then came out and I still didn't see it! The back windows are tinted a little. The next morning, when we went out, I rolled the windows allll the way down, thus rendering the other window just as gum smeared as the first.

Now today, after much scrubbing, fingernail scraping, and round after round of Windex, I've gotten about 90% of it off the windows. I think, however, that there is probably gum smashed all down in the door, and I may be "stuck with it," so to speak, forever.

-Sarah

(and yeah, I had to laugh as I wrote this.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cruelshoes Enthusiast

OMG - you have given me such a laugh. Boys and gum - a lethal combination. Good thing kids are so darn cute, especially when you feel like throttling them.

buffettbride Enthusiast

I think you and I must have the same child, but mine is only 3 1/2. We call him Diablo. :lol:

Anyway, we've sworn off gum until he is 30 for that exact reason.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol: Excellent!!! :lol::lol::lol:
Ursa Major Collaborator

Good thing I never drive the little guy around who I babysit (one of three I should say), or he would do the same kind of thing! Good that after the initial shock wears off, it is actually funny. Little rascal!

There is one thing that might get the rest of the gum off easily. It is called 'Goo gone', and is a miracle! You can get it in most hardware stores, and many regular grocery stores. With five kids, I needed it frequently when they were little. It also gets the glue from price stickers off when nothing else works.

Darn210 Enthusiast

I loooove goo gone!. It will also get the adhesive off of the clothes when you accidently wash something of your kids that had a sticker on it - from preschool or whatever - and you didn't notice and it went through the washer and dryer.

mommyagain Explorer

Goo Gone is WONDERFUL!!! The only problem I ever had with it was trying to remove sticker residue from a white shirt after it had gone through the washer and dryer. The Goo Gone left a slightly yellowis oily stain that I can't get out. It is so faint that noone except me even notices it, and white is the only color that this will happen on. But, the stain is MUCH better than the sticker residue :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jo.R Contributor

My mil tells a story about my DH and bil. The boys were in the back seat with gum, half pulling out of their mouth letting the wind from the windows "blow bubbles". They ended up with gum all over the cloth seats (that fake velvet) the boys hair and clothes. My mil said she should have know something was up since it was so quiet.

Cheri A Contributor

Glad that you can laugh about it now. I have to admit I was a little worried about where the story was headed about the windows maybe not working anymore or something.

It kind of reminded me of when my son (now 11) was nearly 3 years old. I was about 9 mos pregnant and had him sitting watching TV for a few minutes while I took a quick shower. I forgot to put the baby gate up over the kitchen entrance and came out to a new 5 lb flour bag ALL over my house. It took me nearly the entire day to clean that up. We called him flour boy for ever after that! I did have the presence of mind to grab the video camera and get the mess documented, including him looking like a little ghost because I knew I'd think it was funny later.

I'll support Goo Gone too! I love that stuff!! It's saved me lots of times!

Archived