This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Angie's Baby Is Born!

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Angie,

Just saw your new avatar, you look so happy. Annika is adorable!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheri A Contributor
Angie,

Just saw your new avatar, you look so happy. Annika is adorable!

Me too! Adorable picture!! She looks like you! :)

jerseyangel Proficient

I was just heading over here to say the same thing :D

Angie, I love your new picture--Annika is so cute and she looks just like you!

Guhlia Rising Star

Thanks, guys! We're both doing very well. Annika slept through the night for the first time last night!!! She slept from 11:30 until 5:30!!! :) :) :) I am still in awe. I can't believe I actually got to sleep through the night with a newborn. I even got to go back to bed for a short time and lay there before Tori got up to go to school! I hope the rest of today goes as well as last night and this morning did.

It looks as though she may be getting her bottom two front teeth in. Tori cut her first before she was 3 months, but she was teething for well over a month before she cut it. I'm hoping that Annika's teeth come in slower than Tori's did. She had all of her teeth before she was a year old and they all came in at about the same time. I hope Annie gets a break in between teething bouts.

Anyway, everyone here is healthy and happy. I'm having a small amount of incision pain, but its very easily managed. Its funny that I hardly had any pain before and now I have some. I'm getting some feeling back in my stomach so I think that's why.

I will try to upload some more pictures on the Guhl Motors site at some point today. I know I have a ton of pictures.

AndreaB Contributor

I love the new photo of you two too. :)

Glad you are getting some rest.

Thanks, guys! We're both doing very well. Annika slept through the night for the first time last night!!! She slept from 11:30 until 5:30!!! :) :) :) I am still in awe. I can't believe I actually got to sleep through the night with a newborn. I even got to go back to bed for a short time and lay there before Tori got up to go to school! I hope the rest of today goes as well as last night and this morning did.

It looks as though she may be getting her bottom two front teeth in. Tori cut her first before she was 3 months, but she was teething for well over a month before she cut it. I'm hoping that Annika's teeth come in slower than Tori's did. She had all of her teeth before she was a year old and they all came in at about the same time. I hope Annie gets a break in between teething bouts.

Anyway, everyone here is healthy and happy. I'm having a small amount of incision pain, but its very easily managed. Its funny that I hardly had any pain before and now I have some. I'm getting some feeling back in my stomach so I think that's why.

I will try to upload some more pictures on the Guhl Motors site at some point today. I know I have a ton of pictures.

How is Tori doing, she is still on gluten right?

Guhlia Rising Star

She's actually been refusing (or forgetting about) the snacks at school. She only had gluten once, some animal crackers. This was on her second day of school. Since then she's told me every day that she hasn't had a snack at school or she's told me that she had a snack out of her lunch bag. I imagine it will take her a while to feel "safe" eating gluten since she knows how sick I get when I accidentally eat it. She was very slightly constipated after the animal crackers, but she also went through a phase where all she would drink was milk so its hard to say whether it was from gluten or milk. I'm guessing it was from the milk since she gets constipated relatively easily since she doesn't drink nearly as much water as she should. I started adding water to her milk and she immediately went back to normal poops.

I got my first phone call from her school today. Apparently she's had a real "I can't do it" attitude the last few days. Ugh... I was really hoping I wouldn't get any calls yet. I guess I'm glad though that they're keeping me in the loop. She's been like that at home too lately so I'm assuming it has something to do with the new baby.

Anybody have any advice on how to soothe a gassy baby??? Poor Annika has been really gassy and fussy the last two days. I've been exercising her legs, massaging her belly, and keeping her on her belly as much as possible. Any other tips and tricks? Oh, and the sling seems to work wonders, but I can't wear it for more than an hour or so because of my back.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

de caps Contributor

Hi Angie,

First I want to say Annika is so beautiful.

When my three kids were gassy at this age I tried a few drops of Mylacon. It is an over the counter medicine found in the children's section of the pharmacy. It is made especially for infants. Two small drops is all that it took to help relieve the gas. I often gave them before breast feeding to prevent the gas. This should all pass by 6 weeks on its own too.

Have you also checked your diet? I remember that if I ate broccoli or too much dairy my babies had gas.

Good luck with Annika's gas. I hope you are getting lots of rest.

Be well.

Donna

Guhlia Rising Star

I've been using Mylicon drops, but its not really giving her any relief. I had brocolli 3 days ago. I thought that's what started this whole thing, but I didn't think things stayed in breast milk for that long. I'm hoping today is a better day for her because she's had a really rough past two days. At least she's sleeping well though.

Love the new pic! She has the cutest expressions/

Guhlia Rising Star
Love the new pic! She has the cutest expressions/

Believe it or not she is SOUND asleep in the new avatar. She sleeps with her eyes open a lot of the time. It's so cute.

Cheri A Contributor

awww! Look at that sweet picture!!

I used Mylicon drops too. I would think that the broccoli would be out of your milk now. Hopefully she will get better soon.

Michi8 Contributor

Love the new avatar, Angie...your girls are adorable!

Are you drinking milk at all? If so, that may be playing a role in tummy upset too. I found elminating milk as well as gassy foods from my diet helped a bit. As well, I would drink fennel seed tea. Fennel is known for helping with tummy upset (it's typically one of the ingredients in gripe water), and will be present in breastmilk to help baby. I used to steep it with cammomile and keep a container of it cold in the fridge. I would drink this "iced tea" in place of water.

Michelle

I've been using Mylicon drops, but its not really giving her any relief. I had brocolli 3 days ago. I thought that's what started this whole thing, but I didn't think things stayed in breast milk for that long. I'm hoping today is a better day for her because she's had a really rough past two days. At least she's sleeping well though.
Guhlia Rising Star

It looks as though it wasn't brocolli. I totally forgot what I was doing and ate brocolli again and it had no effect on her. It must've been something else I ate. She's doing much better now. I'm so glad I don't have to give up my brocolli. :)

I haven't been drinking milk at all and my casein intake is very limited as well. I've thought there's a possibility that I'm casein intolerant, just a hunch, so I've really been limiting it.

Hopefully whatever it was isn't something that I'll run across again. The poor little thing was absolutely miserable for three whole days. She's fine now though, back to her normal happy self. :)

Look how big Tori is? what a lovely big sis.

AndreaB Contributor

Great pic of the girls Angie!

Archived