Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Deli Meat

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone knows of any "less expensive" brands of deli meat that are both gluten free and soy free. I'm at college right now and I have recently been getting sick on the turkey so the head chef called the company and found out that there was soy protein in all of their lunch meats. So now I'm out of lunch meat options and although the cafeteria staff has been making me special tuna, chicken, and egg salad I would still like an occasional turkey or ham sandwich. The chef said he would look into finding a deli meat that I would be able to have but the problem is the only brands I can come up with are Boars Head and Thumanns (what I use at home). So if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Ads by Google:

I buy Oscar Mayer Shaves lunch meats, like turkey breast - mesquite flavored but they have ham and stuff too. I know the mesquite turkey, none of the ingredients stand out to me as having gluten and I have never had a reaction. I haven't look at the ham, but I also know the chicken is o.k. too.

Hope it works for you! :-)

We like Hormel Natural Choice because it doesn't have nitrates in it. Nitrates tend to give us headaches.

I think the Buddig lunch meats are safe (at least the corned beef one is) and they are super cheap!

Hormel says gluten-free right on the package.