This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Soap?

Donna F

Donna F Enthusiast

I am wondering if anyone knows of any soaps (bar or liquid) that are gluten-free OTHER THAN Soaftsoap, Irish Spring, Palmolive, and Neutrogena.

Thanks,

-donna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest imsohungry

Hey Donna,

I found this on a web-site:

Ajax gluten-free - Colgate products 1-800-338-8388

Also:

Coast 800-262-1637

Safegaurd

Burt's Bees:

Gardener's Soap

Peppermint Soap

Hope this helps!

-Julie :)

eternity Explorer

What about dial and dawn? Are they gluten-free?

Guest Lindam

:D I use Johnson's and Johnson's baby soap. I love it, it makes my skin feel soft and it also brings back some memories of when my girls were babies. :)

Linda

• 5 months later...
terri Contributor

I wrote to Yardley and they said their bar soap is gluten free. All varieties of it. I also wrote to Method soap about their liquid hand soap and dish detergent. I read the ingredients and there aren't any buzz words, but I want to be sure.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Softsoap is gluten free...Dove is gluten free

terri Contributor

Here is the answer I just got from Method soap.

Hello there, thanks so much for taking the time to write to us!

In response to your question regarding gluten, the good news is that all of our products are gluten-free, so you should be absolutely safe to use both our hand wash and dish soap without worry.

Hope that information is helpful! If you have any other questions whatsoever, please feel free to call or email me directly anytime. Take care and have a beautiful rest of the week!

Warmest regards,

sarah d. pollock

influencer marketing manager

method products, inc.

sarah@methodhome.com

www.methodhome.com

people against dirty.

:D

Terri

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

terri Contributor

I received the second reply from Yardley today. Here it is:

Terri: I have checked with our regulatory consultant and he said that our Secret Cottage Body Washes and Lotions are also gluten free. Have a great day. Judy

"Terri Collins" <TCOLLINS@nada.org>

04/26/2005 09:01 AM

To: <info@yardleylondon.com>

cc:

Subject: Re: Gluten free

Thank you, that is great news! Are the body washes, lotions, etc. also gluten free?

Thanks,

Terri

>>> <info@yardleylondon.com> 04/26/05 9:58 AM >>>

Terri: Thank you for your inquiry about Yardley products.

We can assure you that these bar soap products do not contain wheat gluten in any form.

Gluten is a plant protein derived from wheat and these formulas do not contain gluten.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day. Judy

Donna F Enthusiast

Wow, thanks guys! Yardley and Method? I love those! I called Method months ago and they never got back to me. It's good to know they're gluten-free too. And Yardley is very cheap around here, very nice.

I also found out that Playtex, Baby Magic products (lotions, soaps) are gluten-free - those are my favorite for baby :D

-donna

jmengert Enthusiast

Are Method soaps the ones sold at Target in bright colors and weird shaped bottles? I always wanted to try them but wasn't sure if they were gluten-free....

lotusgem Rookie

Hi Terri and Donna.

I used to love the Yardley soaps before going gluten-free, but haven't used them since being on the diet because I never have seen them listed as safe. One red flag in the letter that you got from them Terri is that they said that there is no "WHEAT" gluten in any of their soaps, and that gluten is a protein derived from wheat. But that's not the only source. I recall that one of their bar soaps is Oatmeal-Almond, and personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable using that, and would want to make real sure that none of their other soap formulas contain oats or other forms of gluten.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but better safe than sorry.

Paula

• 2 weeks later...
Donna F Enthusiast

Ooh, good point. Thanks for pointing that out.

And about Method - Yes, it is sold at Target. I LOVE the unusual scents and they aren't full of all the harsh chemicals you find in many cleaners - oh, and they work good too ;). Especially the kitchen cleaners (they come in a few scents) and the cucumber bathroom cleaner - it's awesome. BUT, I do not like the mint window cleaner. I don't think it works as good as ammonia.

Thanks!

~donna

• 12 years later...
Seraphim23 Newbie

Not all Yardley soaps are gluten free. They have an oatmeal one that isn't gluten free. 

notme Experienced

note:   this is a very old thread, with possibly outdated info.   if you have a question about your soap ingredients, please research in the present  :)

behr08 Rookie

I use Vanicream products for soaps, lotion, and sunblock.  Great products, especially if you have other sensitivities as well. 

• 4 years later...
Yvonne Ayers Albers Apprentice
On 11/11/2004 at 1:08 PM, Donna F said:

I am wondering if anyone knows of any soaps (bar or liquid) that are gluten-free OTHER THAN Soaftsoap, Irish Spring, Palmolive, and Neutrogena.

Thanks,

-donna

Pears Soap is gluten free!

• 1 month later...
cejr Newbie

Everyone soap is gluten-free.  I have bought hand soap, body soap and shampoo, and I ordered hand sanitizer which has been good to have during this pandemic.  These are EO Products (800-570-3775 listed on bottle) and made in the USA.  gluten-free label is on the bottle.  I was so happy to find these items.  I found some of these items at Walmart and I ordered from Amazon, also.