#1 Nikki'smom

Nikki'smom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:30 AM

What are some good BBQ sauces to use?

We love to bbq and last night we double checked some of our bbq sauces and couldn't tell if they were gluten-free. They ahd some iffy questionable ingredients and the place was closed so I couldn't call. so we decided to go for it since the product was made in the USA. Hopefully the ingredients were too!

Since we are still knew at this we ahve a few bottles that I think I am going to give away that have gluten in them but from now on for things that the whole family uses like condiments we are all going to be gluten-free on them.

Is KC masterpiece origonal gluten-free?
Sweet Baby Rays origonal?
DD almost 8 Dx Celiac and Chronic gastritis 9/2007 gluten-free since 9/2007 seasonal allergies and mold allergies.
DS 5 seasonal allergies and dustmite allergies.
DH Ulcerative Colitis, had colon removed 10/2000, has Jpouch and doing great!
Me Hyperthyroidismdx 2004 was on meds for a yr went into remission 2005 with the stress of my DD Celiac DX my thyriod acted up so I am back on meds.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:35 AM

Sweet Baby Ray's is gluten-free--and my absolute favorite. We love the Hickory and Brown Sugar, the original is very good, too.

Kraft Original is gluten-free for sure. As for their other flavors, any gluten would be clearly listed on the label as it is for all Kraft products.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:37 AM

I either use the Wegmans brand sauce or Sweet Baby Ray's. Both are very tasty. I have also used Kraft too, they are a very trustworthy company when it comes to listing gluten.
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#4 Nikki'smom

Nikki'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

Thanks! I need to go get some more sweet baby rays. I have the Terriaki in the house which is a no go :( Last night we used KC Masterpiece Hikory brown sugar and it was yummy. So far so good. DD seems fine!
DD almost 8 Dx Celiac and Chronic gastritis 9/2007 gluten-free since 9/2007 seasonal allergies and mold allergies.
Me Hyperthyroidismdx 2004 was on meds for a yr went into remission 2005 with the stress of my DD Celiac DX my thyriod acted up so I am back on meds.

#5 gooddawg315

gooddawg315

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

if you can find it try Bone Suckin' Sauce. It comes in a jelly jar shaped jar. You can get it at specialty food stores or check out their website. www.bonesuckin.com . Its great!
found by accident during an endoscopy for GERD/PUD in June 2006. Biopsy positive X2. IgA/glutein blood test confirmed July 2006. Have GERD (prevacid) and Gallstones too!

#6 Nikki'smom

Nikki'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:17 AM

if you can find it try Bone Suckin' Sauce. It comes in a jelly jar shaped jar. You can get it at specialty food stores or check out their website. www.bonesuckin.com . Its great!

Thanks! I have seen that suace!

#7 L.A.

L.A.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:20 AM

We make our own--ketchup, brown sugar and Kraft Zesty Italian dressing :P
Best RX? Ice Cream!

Positive Blood Test 2000
Negative Biopsy 2000

#8 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

We make our own--ketchup, brown sugar and Kraft Zesty Italian dressing :P

That sounds very tasty!
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#9 Janeti

Janeti

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

We love to bbq and last night we double checked some of our bbq sauces and couldn't tell if they were gluten-free. They ahd some iffy questionable ingredients and the place was closed so I couldn't call. so we decided to go for it since the product was made in the USA. Hopefully the ingredients were too!

Since we are still knew at this we ahve a few bottles that I think I am going to give away that have gluten in them but from now on for things that the whole family uses like condiments we are all going to be gluten-free on them.

KC mastetpiece is gluten free, thats the one that I use, and also Kraft bbq sauce. Did anyone notice how helpful and nice various companies are when you call to question if their product contains gluten?? Usually they offer me free coupons for different products. :) Janet

#10 bfarnsworth0709

bfarnsworth0709

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

I buy "cookies" bbq sauce which can be found at your local walmart. It says gluten free right on the bottle, and it tastes similar to Famous Dave's which was my favorite prior to being dxd.
God Bless,
Bobbi

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Philippians 4:8

#11 Nikki'smom

Nikki'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:36 AM

:(

I buy "cookies" bbq sauce which can be found at your local walmart. It says gluten free right on the bottle, and it tastes similar to Famous Dave's which was my favorite prior to being dxd.

Thanks again all!

Famous Daves :( that was one of my daughters fav place to eat. the fact that the sauce there isn'tGF is a little bit of info mommy needs to hide from her until she gets more used to the diet. Looks like my only place to get sweat tea up north has just been nixed from our places we can eat :(

#12 Nifer

Nifer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:26 AM

:(

Thanks again all!

Famous Daves :( that was one of my daughters fav place to eat. the fact that the sauce there isn'tGF is a little bit of info mommy needs to hide from her until she gets more used to the diet. Looks like my only place to get sweat tea up north has just been nixed from our places we can eat :(

Famous Dave's Texas Pit is gluten free! I call them the other day and they confirmed it!

#13 Nifer

Nifer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:27 AM

#14 Nifer

Nifer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:30 AM

Famous Dave's Texas Pit is gluten-free--and it's wonderful!

#15 Mizz_Dee_2U

Mizz_Dee_2U

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Another bbq sauce that has "gluten free" on the label is Kinder's. The problem is that it is manufactured on equipment that processes WHEAT! That is a no go for a person with celiac. My dad was trying to conform to my diet and he saw it said gluten free so he purchased it. We didn't find out until later when I became ill that the processing warning was on the bottom line of the ingredients. They shouldn't market that as"Gluten Free" when cross contamination is involved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: