Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Mary Kay Sent Me Ingredient Listing....

5 posts in this topic

I emailed my Mary Kay rep and she sent me the ingriedients to the make-up I use. If anyone is interested. Sorry, it's not an extensive list, just the items I use, but they are pretty common.

If you are a "Celiac" Expert, or just plain more knowlegeable than me, please take a look and tell me if you see any "red flags" in any of the ingredients. As far as I can tell, they are all gluten free, but I am new at not looking at just food ingredients so I might miss something.

Here they are....

Mary Kay

Ads by Google:

I have used those things in the past and believe them to be gluten free. You should ask your consultant to "Log on to inTouch, go to the search bar, type 'Ingredients', go to the first hit, which is the Consumers Guide to Ingredients Online, search by Ingredient, search for 1)Wheat, 2)Barley, 3)Rye, 4) Oats, write down the products that come up after each search"

This is how I found out what products contained gluten when I was a consultant, more than 2 years ago. I cant log on anymore...sorry. But if you ask her to search the online Consumers Guide to Ingredients under Product Knowledge, then she can search by common names like Wheat and it will show the chemical name, and what product it is in.

I also posted a list of these products here: http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/lofiversion...php/t15377.html

I emailed my Mary Kay rep and she sent me the ingriedients to the make-up I use. If anyone is interested. Sorry, it's not an extensive list, just the items I use, but they are pretty common.

If you are a "Celiac" Expert, or just plain more knowlegeable than me, please take a look and tell me if you see any "red flags" in any of the ingredients. As far as I can tell, they are all gluten free, but I am new at not looking at just food ingredients so I might miss something.

Here they are....

Mary Kay

The only thing I see that raises a question is the 'Tocopheryl Acetate ' this is vitamin E and can be derived from wheat germ oil. Fragrance can also be a gluten issue in cosmetics.

Another thing to bear in mind is that that listing is over a year old. Ingredients change. I would get a current listing.