25 replies to this topic

#1 janicekelleher

janicekelleher

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

Does anyone have a list of gluten-free restaurants in Ohio? I thought I heard of a Pizza place, but can't remember which one.
Jan Kelleher

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 wolfie

wolfie

Kim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:45 AM

Donatos Pizza makes a No Dough Pizza that is gluten-free.

Here is a list of places we frequent in Columbus, Ohio that have gluten-free menus:

Cheeseburger in Paradise
Smokey Bones
Texas Roadhouse
Outback
Bonefish Grill
First Watch
Red Robin
Molly Woos
PF Changs
All Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Hyde Park (no menu, but they will cater to your needs)

Hope this helps!
Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm
but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06
gluten-free since 1/12/06
Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)
Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006
gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)
HLA-DQ2 positive
Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times
Still eating gluten for now.

#3 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:02 AM

Skyline Chili is also gluten-free, but Gold Star is not.

You can order the chili on a potato instead of the pasta, or you can bring your own gluten-free pasta. Be sure they make it away from the coney prep area to avoid crumbs. You can also order it on the french fries ... the fries are the only thing they make in their fryer.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#4 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:53 PM

I think Canal Fulton is near Akron, right?

Not sure about places up there.

In Cleveland, you can eat at Mitchell's Fish Market, Flemings Steakhouse, Carrabbas, PF Chang's, Abuelo's, Chili's, Macaroni Grill.

#5 mama2

mama2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:56 PM

So excited to see this list!

#6 kb8ogn

kb8ogn

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:24 AM

I just received an email from Tommy's Pizza and they are trying to get certified from the Celiac Association to serve a Gluten free pizza.

#7 mama2

mama2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:31 AM

I just received an email from Tommy's Pizza and they are trying to get certified from the Celiac Association to serve a Gluten free pizza.

Where is Tommy's Pizza?

#8 wolfie

wolfie

Kim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

Where is Tommy's Pizza?

I know there is a Tommy's Pizza in Dublin and also one close to campus. Not sure if this was the Tommy's that sent the email or not.
Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm
but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06
gluten-free since 1/12/06
Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)
Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006
gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)
HLA-DQ2 positive
Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times
Still eating gluten for now.

#9 k-amy32

k-amy32

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

If you are familiar with the Akron/Canton area there are several restaurants that have gluten free menu's. Capone's offers gluten free pizza's and italian fare. Gregory's, Manchu cafe, Don Pablo's, Outback steakhouse, Cheeseburger in paradise, Carraba's, and I know Bravo italian restaurant offers gluten free pasta's etc. but they do not have an official menu...just need to speak with the chef when you arrive they are pretty helpful. Hope this list helps if I think of any more I will let you know!

#10 k-amy32

k-amy32

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:45 AM

I forgot about the best one....Kathy's creations which is a gluten free bakery in Alliance! Some of the best goodies!

#11 almostnrn

almostnrn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

I used to live up by Akron and Kathy's cookies are the BEST! Oh, just a note on Abuelos....The last time my husband and I ate there we were told by the manager that NOTHING is safe. I had been under the impression that there were safe choices there, he even went so far as to say that the chips and salsa wern't safe. We emailed their coroprate site and never received a response so they are off our list of places to eat out which is really a bummer because it was one of my favorites!

Oh if anyone has anymore info on the gluten-free pizza places can you post it on here (either Akron or Columbus). My DH and I are in Columbus every other weekend and my dad lives by Akron so it would be cool to try that one too when we go up to visit!
Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005
Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005
Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

#12 casnco

casnco

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

Does anyone have a list of gluten-free restaurants in Ohio? I thought I heard of a Pizza place, but can't remember which one.
Jan Kelleher

Hey I noticed you are from Canal Fulton. There is Pizzanello's in Alliance that has an entire menu of gluten-free food. Not just burgers and steaks. Spagetti and Pizza!!! Meatball's that are made by someone besides me! I haven't had an opportunity to go there yet. My folks live near there. I saw there sign offered gluten-free food and I called for the information. The owner is cool. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Debbie

#13 LoriC

LoriC

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:56 AM

Hey I noticed you are from Canal Fulton. There is Pizzanello's in Alliance that has an entire menu of gluten-free food. Not just burgers and steaks. Spagetti and Pizza!!! Meatball's that are made by someone besides me! I haven't had an opportunity to go there yet. My folks live near there. I saw there sign offered gluten-free food and I called for the information. The owner is cool. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Debbie

I live near Youngstown Ohio, and i'm new to a gluten free diet, I have DH, just recently diagnosed in August. My doctor gave me an article about Kathy's creations in Alliance, I took a ride to a health food store near me, they had about 3 aisles of gluten free products and 2 freezers full of gluten free items, I bought the bread ( which i miss the most) some crackers and coconut cookies all gluten free. They do sell pizza dough frozen or packages of mixes that you can make your own.
Will all outback resturants serve gluten free? Do you just ask or should i call ahead? If anyone knows of resturants near me that will serve gluten free, please let me know, thanks, Lori

#14 Diana1977

Diana1977

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:18 AM

Jan Kelleher

Grande Ranch in Wooster - 4586 E Lincoln Way Wooster, OH 44691-8602 (330) 263-1100
They have great gluten-free pizza!

Jerry's Cafe and Bar has a few items that they will prepare on foil for you (chop sirloin, chicken, steak) baked potato, hot rice, salad, taco salad, nachos and cheese or loaded nachos. 226 W Market St, Orrville, OH Tel: (330) 683-8696

Senor Panchos...when they re-open....you can get chicken fajitas without the wrap, chips, salsa, cheese dip, rice, beans...yummy!525 N Main St Orrville (330) 683-0083

Longhorn in Wooster, Wendy's........
:P

#15 Darcy

Darcy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

Grande Ranch in Wooster - 4586 E Lincoln Way Wooster, OH 44691-8602 (330) 263-1100
They have great gluten-free pizza!

Jerry's Cafe and Bar has a few items that they will prepare on foil for you (chop sirloin, chicken, steak) baked potato, hot rice, salad, taco salad, nachos and cheese or loaded nachos. 226 W Market St, Orrville, OH Tel: (330) 683-8696

Senor Panchos...when they re-open....you can get chicken fajitas without the wrap, chips, salsa, cheese dip, rice, beans...yummy!525 N Main St Orrville (330) 683-0083

Longhorn in Wooster, Wendy's........
:P

I am so excited...a gluten-free pizza in Wooster?!? I will try it out this week!
gluten-free since 2/2008
self diagnosed after 10 years of chronic uticaria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: