Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What's The Scoop On Physicians Formula Makeup?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Joni63

Joni63

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:13 PM

Hello,

I was looking on their webisite and checking the ingredients in their mineral wear line. I can't see any obvious gluten in those products and they look safe to me.

BUT in their FAQ section it says:

Q. Does Physicians Formula products contain Gluten?
A. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that none of the ingredients, or derivatives in our products do not contain gluten.

Does this mean the gluten can be hidden or are they just making a general statement to protect themselves?
Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

They likely are getting some of their ingredients from companies that don't guarantee that they aren't cross-contaminated. Therefore, in good conscience, they can't guarantee a gluten-free status for their products, even though they are probably safe.

There are companies out there that guarantee gluten-free status for their vitamins and minerals, like Kirkman labs.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:24 AM

They likely are getting some of their ingredients from companies that don't guarantee that they aren't cross-contaminated.

I agree, and that's what they told me when I called them to ask about their mascara.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4 confused

confused

Just cause i cant have gluten doesnt mean im dying

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:39 AM

when i called they told me all of their mineral wear was gluten free. So now im wondering if that is why my eyes are still red, even tho they are better since i changed my face powder to gluten free powder, but not 100 percent better.

They should have never told me that the stuff was gluten free when they are not sure.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free
on low carb/low sugar diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: