1 reply to this topic

#1 murda

murda

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:42 AM

I know a bunch of you said that you lived in and around Atlanta. I live in Gwinnett but need to go to Clayton in a few weeks. Do any of you who live in GA know of any restaurants around there that might help with the gluten-free thing?

PS - I'm trying out the Beechwood Inn, they accomodate gluten-free breakfasts. I'll let you know how it is.

Michelle

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_imsohungry_*

Guest_imsohungry_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2004 - 11:46 AM

Hi Michelle!

Sounds like you may be staying in a hotel for the week???

I have to travel also for school occasionally. Last month, when I had my first weekend away gluten-free, I stayed in a room with a miniature fridge/microwave combo in the room. Is this possible for you?

If the hotel breakfast isn't gluten free, consider gluten-free cereal or cereal bars. Also, for lunch/dinner....have you ever tried Amy's Enchilada's? It is stated on the box that they are gluten-free and some are gluten-free/CF. They are sold locally at Publix and Kroger (that's where I've found them).

Certain restaurant web-sites like Wendy's and Mcdonald's along with Outback also list gluten-free foods (including meat and salads)...be careful of cross-contamination though ;)

Well, enjoy your trip!
SIDE NOTE: You may be able to request a hotel room with a fridge for no additional cost b/c of your health problem...I've done it before!...I just took proof of my diagnosis, and they accommodated)! B)

Good luck! -Julie ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: