Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Honeysuckle White

4 posts in this topic

After reading through some older post about natural flavorings in meat, I pulled out the ground turkey I bought Sunday. This morning I emailed the Honeysuckle White company to ask if it was gluten-free. Here is the response I got:

Dear Heather,

Thank you for your interest in Honeysuckle White.

We take potential allergens very seriously and do our best to avoid them at all costs. However, should an allergen be unavoidable, we do make sure to list it clearly in the ingredient statement.

The 'natural flavoring' in our ground turkey products is simply rosemary extract. Rosemary is used as a natural flavor enhancer as well as a natural preservative.

The ground turkey products are gluten free.

At this time, we have only 5 products that contain gluten:

Italian Style Meatballs

Frozen Turkey Burgers (has recently been discontinued, but some may still be in stores) Cajun Fried Turkey Asian Grill Marinated Turkey Strips (CONTAIN WHEAT AND SOY) Teriyaki Turkey Breast Tenderloins (CONTAIN WHEAT AND SOY)

The rest of our products are gluten free!

I hope this helps.

Most Sincerely,

Tammy

Cargill Meat Solutions

Ads by Google:

Thanks! I was just about to start buying their products to try something new!

There are tons of things you can do with all their turkey products (like burgers and chili and tacos)

I really like companies that will say what their natural flavorings are, and not "That is a secret, we can't tell you"

After reading through some older post about natural flavorings in meat, I pulled out the ground turkey I bought Sunday. This morning I emailed the Honeysuckle White company to ask if it was gluten-free. Here is the response I got:

Thank you so much for posting this!!