Allergic To Sulfites, Nitrates, Etc?
Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:17 AM
Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:51 PM
Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:55 AM
It is a good point you brought up. I read quite a bit about sulfites thinking that was my problem. I am allergic to sulfa drugs. I have always had a strange reaction to wine. I remember reading about sulfites. It is naturally in many foods, so it can be really hard to avoid.
I learned about sulfites long before I knew about celiac disease. I have had to avoid them. You will find them in light color food, mushrooms, beer, potatoes (partially cook) dried fruits like apricots, peaches, pineapple, etc. I always read the label if sulfites are there, I put the item back. One experience I had ; the doctor wanted to used sulfur for a kidney infection. I told I was allergic to sulifites . He reply this was different and I knew he was correct. A week later I had a bad allergic reaction to it. Since that time I avoid all food with sulfur or any of it compounds.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users