#1 wally000

wally000

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:47 PM

Hi! This is my first post...

I have been gluten-free for almost two years. During that time, I have relied on this site and the information all of you have posted to answer many of my questions and pick me up on any 'bad days'. So...Thank You!

Since I have gotten so much from your tips, I wanted to share my favorite tool dealing with the gluten-free diet - just 'cause it might help someone else out there, too. My boyfriend's mom got me a subscription to Cooking Light Magazine and it has been the best present I have ever received. Most of the receipes are either already gluten free, or very easy to adapt once you know the products you can eat (like, use quinoa or rice instead of couscous...). I find enough new receipes to try each month that I have something different and delicious to eat almost every night of the week. Since I am gluten free, lactose intolerant, can't handle soy or lots of oil AND a vegetarian, that says a lot. It has made eating and cooking fun and enjoyable again for me. I get ridculously excited every time a new issue arrives in the mail, it makes me remember that there are still so many wonderful things we can eat. Sometimes the smallest things help the most.

Thanks again for all of your posts!
Wally

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dkmb

dkmb

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:26 AM

I love Cooking Light magazine. Our local library carries it and I read it each month and check out the month's before copy when the new one comes in. I have also given it as a gift to a family member.
DK

#3 dbuhl79

dbuhl79

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for that mention! I am definitely going out to pick up a cooking light today! That's just great information, since my better half is going gluten-free with me at home! :D
Positive Dietary Challenge, firmly believing gluten-free is the way to be!
gluten-free since Nov. 18, 2004.

Always learning along with the rest of everyone else... a never ending process.
Dana :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: