This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sixlets?

cruelshoes

cruelshoes Enthusiast

I want, no, NEED some Sixlets. The company is on the east coast and is now closed. I sent them an email, but I expect I will not hear back from them until at least tomorrow.

Please make a girl happy by saying you have verified their gluten-free status and I can give in to this craving. I don't know why I like these, they aren't even real chocolate. But they sounded so good today.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular

The last time I checked they were gluten-free. I eat them occasionally. Good stuff!! It just has something to do with that plastic sleeve lol.......not like it's "good" chocolate!! lol

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Can't say one way or the other - I haven't even heard of them!

:D

cruelshoes Enthusiast
The last time I checked they were gluten-free. I eat them occasionally. Good stuff!! It just has something to do with that plastic sleeve lol.......not like it's "good" chocolate!! lol

-Jessica :rolleyes:

If you are wondering what that noise was it was the sound of me tearing in to a delicious package of SIXLETS! They still taste the same. Kinda fakey, all delicious. They are just chock full of sixlety goodness.

Thanks for the info. You made my day. Who needs world peace when we've got sixlets??? :lol:

mommyagain Explorer

Gotta ask... what are they?

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Open Original Shared Link:

Sixlets are a small, round candy-coated chocolate-flavored candy. The chocolate centers are made from a mixture of cocoa and carob, giving them a "malted" taste. They are usually sold in thin cellophane packages that hold them in a tube-like formation. The ball-shaped candies come in a number of colors, including red, brown, yellow, green, and orange. An Easter variation of the candy adds white, pink, and blue pieces while removing brown ones from the mix.

A package of SixletsSixlets will melt if kept in a pocket for extended periods of time. Some prefer a slightly melted sixlet. Different colors have a slightly different taste from one another, due to their candy coated shells. For example, the orange-colored ones taste like orange chocolate.

Picture of Sixlets

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Got a response from the company confirming their gluten-free status. Great response from them, and they got back to me within 12 hours. I think I will be indulging my Sixlets craving more often.

Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:53 AM

To: Colleen

Subject: RE: gluten in sixlets?

Good morning Colleen,

The Sixlets products that we manufacture are gluten free. Some of the other chocolate products that we manufacture do contain gluten; specifically, items with cookies or crisped rice in them. Since the Sixlets products are manufactured in a separate facility from our other types of chocolate products, Sixlets can be considered safe for people with gluten intolerance. We do not recommend the other chocolate products we manufacture to anyone with food allergies, because even though the ingredients containing gluten are not specifically contained in all products, it is possible for a variety of products to run on the same lines as finished products containing these ingredients, and there is also the possibility that they may come in contact with the cookies, crisped rice, and peanuts or nutmeats sometime during the manufacturing process.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank you for your inquiry and have a nice day!

Beth DeLellis

Director of Sales Administration

SweetWorks, Inc.

3500 Genesee Street

Buffalo, NY 14225

Phone: 716-995-9121

Fax: 716-634-4855

E-mail: bdelellis@sweetworks.net

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:21 PM

To: info sweetworks

Subject: gluten in sixlets?

Can you tell me if there is gluten in Sixlets? This would be any ingredient derived from wheat, barley, rye or oats. Do you have a gluten free list of products?

Thank you!

-Colleen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived