- - - - -

Mcdonalds - Beware

• Please log in to reply

24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2004 - 08:24 PM

I am 16 and last week we had a band trip to San Francisco. We stopped at mcdonalds for lunch and it was packed. I asked for a burger without the bun and got the bun so i returned it and asked again. On the back table where i could see, the cashier used her fingers, ripped the bun off and it looked really nasty. then i just ate my fries because i wasnt that hungry anyways but wow..

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dbuhl79

dbuhl79

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:33 AM

Glix,
Sorry you had such a poor experience! Fast food is definitely not a place to expect high quality service, but when that's all your stuck with, I guess fries only are your safest bet!

You should rent "Supersize Me" its a very interesting documentary on McDonalds, might amuse you.
Positive Dietary Challenge, firmly believing gluten-free is the way to be!
gluten-free since Nov. 18, 2004.

Always learning along with the rest of everyone else... a never ending process.
Dana :)

#3 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:36 AM

WHEN you saw them just take the bun off and give you the burger again, you should have demanded a new burger. I have had to do this often. I just let them know that the meal was ruined for me the minute the bun touched the patty. I have never had a problem with McDonalds. They always fix it to my satisfaction. I have even been given free meals before due to their not getting it right the first time. Just because you are 16 does not mean you can not be firm!! Next time make sure they fix it right. :D

#4 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:47 AM

i usually do make sure but that morning we had gone to a buffet and i almost closed the place down B)

#5 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:02 PM

How did you almost close the place down?? Was there that many entrees that were gluten-free?? I have zero luck at buffets usually ~ and therefore not worth the cost!!
I sit and watch everyone else eat. Then I go to McDonalds!! :)

#6 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:05 PM

a lot of eggs and grits : )

#7 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

I think that is just a certain insance. My brother eats ther eon Saturdays and a few times I have had to return his food and have never had a problem. What that worker did is surely against policey and very lazy. You should have gotten a manager due to that disgusting behavior.

#8 cdobbs

cdobbs

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:11 PM

my family went to a mcdonalds and they tried to do the same thing but i caught them and let them know. i have found in our town that i can teat at the big mcdonalds bc they are careless but th esmall one in walmart knows us and are very good at our orders. if all else fails email the corp office. i had another situation where my son got a bacterial infection and the last place i looked was the mcdonalds. i emailed them and they seem to be very serious about how their workers handle things. of course everyone gets lazy but maybe an email will bring their regional manager by to check them more often
cdobbs

#9 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:10 PM

I know to ask for a new one and I always do. I am just warning those of you who don't know to be careful and watch what they're doing.

#10 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:54 AM

On a trip this weekend we were desperate and stopped at a McDonald's. Contaimination or no contamination what a disappointment that hamburger was (I never did like McD hamburgers even when I could eat the bun). Hardee's and BK are SOOO much better. We will not be returning to McD.

richard

#11 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:02 PM

are burger king burgers (no bun) and fries gluten-free?

im pretty sure wendy fries are not gluten-free, are their burgers (no bun) gluten-free?

thanks

#12 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:45 PM

:D wendy's fries are ok here where i am--my sister went to 3 differentones and asked about their fryers and was told they are only for fries--she has had the fries at our local wendys and they were fine---i know that burger king fries are not--they fryers are not dedicated fryers---deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#13 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 05:57 AM

Actually, BK fries ARE cooked in dedicated fryers (although I always ask to make sure). It even says so if you go to the BK web site. The allergen chart notes if a product is cooked in the same oil with a known allergen. The fries are not.

http://www.bk.com/Fo...Info/index.aspx

The burgers with no bun are gluten-free. So are the condiments.

Wendy burgers with no bun are gluten-free but the fires are not on their gluten-free list. I believe this is because of a potential cross contamionation issue.

I like the Hardee's thickburger best of all but their fries are NOT cooked in a dedicated fryer, at least not at the one near our house.

richard

#14 Connie R-E

Connie R-E

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:54 AM

http://www.bk.com/Fo...ngredients.aspx

http://www.mcdonalds...ts.index.html#6

I'm so glad they do this now!! I like to read the ingredients in my own home!

Connie
~can't wait until my little ones no longer need toys with their food!

#15 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:04 PM

Thanks.

So..i shouldnt trust wendy's fries rightt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: