Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Kraft Carmels

6 posts in this topic

I ate some Kraft Carmels the other day and I had a flare up with my stomach. Seems like I remember something about carmels may not be safe. Anyone know for sure?

Regards,

Meow :rolleyes:

Ads by Google:
I ate some Kraft Carmels the other day and I had a flare up with my stomach. Seems like I remember something about carmels may not be safe. Anyone know for sure?

Regards,

Hi and welcome--I love your username :D

Kraft is a company that will list any gluten clearly on the label.

Another thought--don't carmels contain milk? Might you be sensitive to that? I don't know how long you've been gluten-free, but many Celiacs are lactose intolerant for a while until the tips of the villi are healed.

If this is the case, it's a good idea to go dairy free for a few months and then try and add it back and see how you do with it.

Regards,

I've never heard of caramels in general not being safe (of course, you always have to check ingredients...) Are you thinking of caramel color? Because that may contain gluten (although it seems that 99% of it in the USA doesn't).

We use the kraft caramels with no issues, caramel apples, fondue, sky's the limit!!

I have not had a problem with Kraft carmels. Now I don't use them often though. Kraft is a very good company when it comes to labeling gluten free.

We use Kraft caramels with no problems. I need to buy some since it is getting to be caramel apple season.

On a side note - Brachs caramels, however, we will not use because of their crappy labeling practices and refusal to say if any of their candy is gluten-free.