This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pizza Tonight

Lisa

Lisa Mentor

What is you favorite pizza topping?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Bacon and Extra Cheese!!!!

I forgot to add Brocolli too...can't spell sorry.

gdobson Explorer

Mushrooms and feta cheese!!!!

Dang it. Now I'm hungry. Again.

Lisa Mentor

I shared a Picazzo's Pizza with some friends recently. It was four cheese's and thats what I would like to reproduce. Yum, it was the best ever.

melmak5 Contributor

caramelized onions, garlic, 4 cheeses, spinach... if I am feeling sassy

jerseyangel Proficient

Pepperoni and black olives :P

Can't help with the 4 cheeses--I'm dairy free :)

melmak5 Contributor

4 cheese are usually:

mozzarella (not fresh, but fresh is nice, use sparingly cause it weeps)

parmesean and/or romano

provalone

ricotta

I am a HUGE fan of making it with bbq sauce (instead of marinara) and topping it with bacon (pre-cooked) and pineapple

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

Crumbled Italian meatballs or meatloaf(depending on the flavor) and thinly sliced zucchini and sometime a little fresh garlic.

lonewolf Collaborator

Trader Joe's turkey bacon and pineapple.

jerseyangel Proficient
Crumbled Italian meatballs or meatloaf(depending on the flavor) and thinly sliced zucchini and sometime a little fresh garlic.

Yum! :)

~alex~ Explorer

Frying up minced garlic in oil and then putting that in the pizza sauce is really yummy! I've made pizza with Artichokes on it before and it was actually pretty good. I think the artichokes basically pick up the flavours of what they are cooked in. It's good if you're feeling like something different.

Enjoy your pizza!

loco-ladi Contributor

Ham (canadian bacon) is my general preference...

Today having a hankering for pizza and no crust mixes in my cupboard (oh mr UPS man where are my groceries!!!) took a walk on the wilder side in my kitchen.....

in my before gluten-free life I loved "english muffin pizza's" and since mr ups man has yet to show up with my weekly box of groceries it was time to get creative, and its not that bad, in fact I think this will be a regular in my diet!

Tortilla Pizza:

2 corn tortilla's

cheese of choice

topping of choice

sauce of choice

flop 1 tortilla down onto the pan, top with a tad of cheese ("glues" 1st one to second one)

flop 2nd tortilla down top with sauce, cheese and toppings

bake (I used 450 for about 5-8 minutes)

Guhlia Rising Star

Chicken, onion, and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce! Yum yum!

amberleigh Contributor

Taco Pizza!

Refried beans, salsa, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, black olives

Mmmmm!

suepooh4 Contributor
Ham (canadian bacon) is my general preference...

Today having a hankering for pizza and no crust mixes in my cupboard (oh mr UPS man where are my groceries!!!) took a walk on the wilder side in my kitchen.....

in my before gluten-free life I loved "english muffin pizza's" and since mr ups man has yet to show up with my weekly box of groceries it was time to get creative, and its not that bad, in fact I think this will be a regular in my diet!

Tortilla Pizza:

2 corn tortilla's

cheese of choice

topping of choice

sauce of choice

flop 1 tortilla down onto the pan, top with a tad of cheese ("glues" 1st one to second one)

flop 2nd tortilla down top with sauce, cheese and toppings

bake (I used 450 for about 5-8 minutes)

Hi,

Have you ever made it without a crust mix ? There is a really good recipe on www.recipezaar.com it is recipe number 44487 (Gluten free pizza crust) . We just had that for dinner tonight (my husband had Redbridge beer with it). If you make it you might want to double or triple the recipe, because it doesn't make a very big pizza (or a very thick one) without doubling it.

Sue

jkmunchkin Rising Star

If I'm making it myself I either just like plain or pineapple.

From Risotteria I just like plain.

From Mozarrelli's I like the spinach and mushroom and I love the bruschetta pizza.

loco-ladi Contributor
Hi,

Have you ever made it without a crust mix ? There is a really good recipe on www.recipezaar.com it is recipe number 44487 (Gluten free pizza crust) . We just had that for dinner tonight (my husband had Redbridge beer with it). If you make it you might want to double or triple the recipe, because it doesn't make a very big pizza (or a very thick one) without doubling it.

Sue

I tried a couple recipe's and even a couple mixes, so far my favorite mix is from causeyourspecial.com I dont have a favorite recipe as yet, I'm still looking at those... had the tortilla ones again today, and with bartely a pizza craving it still tasted good :D so guess I will stop throwing out those corn tortilla's as they make pretty good "qickie pizza crusts"

cooki.dough Rookie

I love mushrooms, bell peppers, hot peppers, olives and tomatoes on my pizzas. Oh, and sometimes a little chicken sausage sliced up is good too. This really, really makes me want pizza.

Archived