I was reading your homeopathic remedies topic because the dr. I took my daughter too recommended a homeopathic remedy for her to help stop the diarrhea. I forgot what it's called though. I have no idea if it's doing any good, but then again, I have a hard time getting her to take it three times a day (mainly because I forget!) After 2 weeks on the gluten-free diet she has significantly improved but she does still have some if her symptoms - including the diarrhea. Anyway, I figured it's worth a shot!
But the real reason I'm posting is that I saw in your signature you say you are taking Prilosec daily. Have you considered that might be part of your problem? Side effects of Prilosec (generic name is omeprazole) can be:
• If you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives), stop taking omeprazole and seek emergency medical attention.
• Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take omeprazole and talk to your doctor if you experience
· drowsiness, dizziness, or headache;
· diarrhea, increased gas, or bloating; or
• Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
I found the "diarrhea, increased gas or bloating" part interesting and the "side effects other than those listed here may also occur" as a vague catch-all.
I'm not a doctor or anything like that, I just always read the side effect warnings before giving any drugs to my family since we have a high tendency to react to drugs and I want to know before-hand what I'm getting into!
Good luck with all your remedies!