Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Spleen Pain?

4 posts in this topic

The last couple times (grrr) I've been glutened I've had this weird pain in my upper left abdomen. it's mostly a dull ache just up under the rib cage, but also a sense of there being something extra there--like I can't figure out how to hold my ribcage because something is in the way. the only thing i could figure out was an enlarged spleen, which might be sort of reasonable if my body is seeing the gluten as an 'infection/toxin' and pulling out all the stops immune-wise. i certainly feel like i have the flu (tired, achy, brain fog, almost feverish) and sometimes had bright green D (bile, i guess) and the other time just lots of intestinal cramps and soft poo. oh and plenty of bloating and gas and headaches--this abdominal pain is not gas (I think I have a master's degree in gas!) because it's always in exactly the same place and lasts almost a week, and is worse when I eat, breathe in, and lay on my left side.

Just curious if anyone else had something else like that.

The only good part of feeling crappy when I get glutened is realizing I used to feel this way *all the time* and that most of the time these days I don't feel like that anymore! Just gotta keep trudging up the learning curve....

Andrea

Ads by Google:

I get a similar pain when glutened. I find that taking a homepathic remedy called Sepia really helps, you find it in health food stores.

I have had that, many times. A dr once told me there was nothing there! Another one told me part of my spleen was dead. I think it's small intestine under attack. You are not alone.....

It's a regular thing for me if I get glutened. Search 'upper left abdominal pain' on this forum. It's been talked about a lot. My doc says it's inflamation of the small intestine causing the pain. Than why doesn't everyone get it? He says my spleen is fine. I did have a CT scan just today to make sure it's nothing else. Takes up to a week to go away when I've been glutened.