3 replies to this topic

#1 hmseyer21

hmseyer21

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

So finally after feeling like we were never going to get any tests, they scheduled DS's endoscopy for Monday Oct. 8th. I'm still nervous, but feel like it is the best way to see what is going on with him.

Tomorrow we go for a pre-op appt, a bone age xray, and a sweat test. Poor little guy, I'm glad that they are checking, but at the same time, he's been through too much already and I hope this is the beginning to the end of so many tests.

So if you could say a prayer for my little man, I would really appreciate it, and I will keep you posted on his results.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Nikki'smom

Nikki'smom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

So finally after feeling like we were never going to get any tests, they scheduled DS's endoscopy for Monday Oct. 8th. I'm still nervous, but feel like it is the best way to see what is going on with him.

Tomorrow we go for a pre-op appt, a bone age xray, and a sweat test. Poor little guy, I'm glad that they are checking, but at the same time, he's been through too much already and I hope this is the beginning to the end of so many tests.

So if you could say a prayer for my little man, I would really appreciate it, and I will keep you posted on his results.

Good luck please let us know how you make out! I will be thinking of you and you DS!
DD almost 8 Dx Celiac and Chronic gastritis 9/2007 gluten-free since 9/2007 seasonal allergies and mold allergies.
DS 5 seasonal allergies and dustmite allergies.
DH Ulcerative Colitis, had colon removed 10/2000, has Jpouch and doing great!
Me Hyperthyroidismdx 2004 was on meds for a yr went into remission 2005 with the stress of my DD Celiac DX my thyriod acted up so I am back on meds.

#3 hmseyer21

hmseyer21

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

Thanks nikki'smom!

The sweat test was a flop, he didn't even sweat after going through all that. The lady who scheduled the test said you can't do it during the endoscopy, so it was quite an ordeal putting him through that. I was so irritated once we were done and the lady said it is common not to get sweat from a little one! BOO, he was so mad and I was irritated that it didn't work after we put him through that.

I'll let you know how the endoscopy went.

#4 Nikki'smom

Nikki'smom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

poor little guy! i am thinking of you today!
DD almost 8 Dx Celiac and Chronic gastritis 9/2007 gluten-free since 9/2007 seasonal allergies and mold allergies.
DS 5 seasonal allergies and dustmite allergies.
DH Ulcerative Colitis, had colon removed 10/2000, has Jpouch and doing great!
Me Hyperthyroidismdx 2004 was on meds for a yr went into remission 2005 with the stress of my DD Celiac DX my thyriod acted up so I am back on meds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: