Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Pollo Tropical Chain In Florida

6 posts in this topic

Is anyone familiar with the fast-food chicken restaurant, Pollo Tropical? They are a Florida chain (and one location in Jersey) with mostly grilled chicken dishes, salad, rice & beans. I ate there last winter, choosing carefully, and I was ok. Going to Florida this December and I decided to email them today, but I was just wondering if anyone else has tried them. For fast food they are pretty good.

Ads by Google:

I actually haven't tried them, but one just opened up right by me recently. Unfortunately, I also can't have soy or dairy, so I haven't gone there!! But I do know a few people that absolutely love it!! (One is a celiac, and she's always been ok there!!) I've heard it's really nice and fresh tasting for fast food. There is a link to the food/allergen info on their website, so you can always take a glance at that too. Enjoy your vacation!! B)

http://www.pollotropical.com/english/index.htm

(goto site map, then nutritional guide, then there will be an allergens information tab on the left)

I actually haven't tried them, but one just opened up right by me recently. Unfortunately, I also can't have soy or dairy, so I haven't gone there!! But I do know a few people that absolutely love it!! (One is a celiac, and she's always been ok there!!) I've heard it's really nice and fresh tasting for fast food. There is a link to the food/allergen info on their website, so you can always take a glance at that too. Enjoy your vacation!! B)

http://www.pollotropical.com/english/index.htm

(goto site map, then nutritional guide, then there will be an allergens information tab on the left)

Thanks. I went to the site and printed the info.

Thanks. I went to the site and printed the info.

You are welcome! Have fun on your vacation! B)

Hi. I thought I'd add the information I received from Pollo Tropical in response to my inquiry. This is current as of May 2008, so please check for changes in the future.

. . .

Please find attached a list of the Pollo Tropical products and their ingredients. The rice, chicken and beans do not contain gluten. The kid

I've eaten at Polo Tropical - and I love the food. Just be extra careful of what you order. And watch the servers as they set up your meal. Cross-contamination is a huge issue with them...and if you're sensitive it could be a problem. The servers often use the same tongs for the food as they do the bread...and it's such a habit for them to plop bread on every dish. They also wear gloves...that they don't change very often. One girl had a hole in her glove because she had been wearing it so long.

I usually just stick to a standard order each time...things I know that I don't react to. They recognize Wheat as being a common allergen...but have no clue what Gluten is. The Maltodextrin, Modified Food Starch are both something to watch out for, as well as some of the vinegars, and the carmel coloring. I got zapped by the ribs...so I don't order those anymore.