This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help Please

mouth

mouth Enthusiast

HI CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE??

I AM LOOKING TO MAKE A SAFE MEDICATIONS LIST FOR MYSELF AND MY DAUGHTERS DOCTOR AND FOR "ICE". .. MANY OF THE PARMACOLOGICAL COMPANIES WILL NOT GIVE ME THE INFORMATION. THEY SAY THE DOCTOR HAS TO CALL TO GET IT.. I THINK THAT IS A LOAD OF BALONEY.. WE NEED THIS INFORMATION.

I AM SORRY, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE, BUT I CAN NOT AFFORD TO JOIN WHAT IS IT?? THAT SITE THAT CHARGES YOU AND GIVES YOU THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION THAT WE NEED.

I DO NOT THINK THAT THEY SHOULD NOT EVEN CHARGE FOR IT.. BUT ANYWAY..

CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH THIS?? IF SO LET ME KNOW, AND I'LL GIVE THE EMAIL ADDRESS I USE JUST FOR CELIAC STUFF.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!! LYNN

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Open Original Shared Link

mouth-

This listing indicates that it is a October 2007 update. Hope this is helpful.

mouth Enthusiast

mouth-

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.. I had had this listing, but the last time I was there, it had not been updated.

tyvm

lynn

Guest j_mommy

The lactaid co...they also are the ones that make tylenol......will send you a complete list of their gluten-free products...with coupons if you call!!!!

mouth Enthusiast
Open Original Shared Link</a>

mouth-

HI, first off thank you for the link.. But see now here is the thing.. Childrens Grape flavored liquid Tylenol- I was told that IT IS NOT gluten-free... BUT THEY HAVE IT ON THE LIST AS gluten-free..

Also, they have alprazoam (xanex) on the list, and I know that it is not gluten-free.. company told me so, because i ck'd 4 myself..

THAT IS ONE THAT SCARES ME THE MOST..

I just sent an email to the address at the bottom of the site.. Will let you know what answer I get.. tttys..

lynn

barbara123 Apprentice
HI, first off thank you for the link.. But see now here is the thing.. Childrens Grape flavored liquid Tylenol- I was told that IT IS NOT gluten-free... BUT THEY HAVE IT ON THE LIST AS gluten-free..

Also, they have alprazoam (xanex) on the list, and I know that it is not gluten-free.. company told me so, because i ck'd 4 myself..

most of the time if you type in the product and then gluten it will bring up information. But if you still dont believe it then call the company Hope this helps :D

mouth Enthusiast
most of the time if you type in the product and then gluten it will bring up information. But if you still dont believe it then call the company Hope this helps :D

type it where please ?? in google??

tyvm..

lynn

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest j_mommy

You also have to remember that ingredients always change! That is why I didn't want to spend the money on those lists you pay for(granted they are updated) but I would rather call or email.

Who told you that tylenol product was not gluten-free???? I don't think that one was on the gluten-free list I got a week ago!

Good Luck!

barbara123 Apprentice
type it where please ?? in google??

tyvm..

lynn

I type in the google search bar Gatorade gluten and hit search :D

mouth Enthusiast
I type in the google search bar Gatorade gluten and hit search :D

TYTYTY :D

bklyn Enthusiast

The drugs on the gluten free drug list are name brands, correct? What about generics? My insurance company pays for generics, but I've found it to be a problem when researching generic drugs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kathy

mouth Enthusiast

mouth-

Thanks much momma goose

mouth Enthusiast
The drugs on the gluten free drug list are name brands, correct? What about generics? My insurance company pays for generics, but I've found it to be a problem when researching generic drugs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kathy

Hi Kathy nice 2 meet you.

It is hard with generic companies-- you do the same call them up. But the problem like with Greenstone is that they told me that some of the stuff comes from the outside, and can't guarantee its gluten-free. Like with Zithromax the brand is gluten-free, but the generic one, they cant guarantee- they say the writing on the pill may contain gluten.. ugh i hate dealing with the pharmacological companies..

vvvvvvvvv glgl if you get anywhere, please let me know also.

tyty

lynn

JennyC Enthusiast

I just sent an email to the address at the bottom of the site.. Will let you know what answer I get.. tttys..

lynn

I just went on a company calling spree. Here are my results:

Robitussin/Dimetapp: (800)762-4675 Do not track outside ingredients, so they have no idea if any of their products are gluten free.

Triaminic: (800)KIDS-987 All products are gluten free. (When I called them last March they gave me a short list of gluten free products, so I will be calling them back to double check.)

Banadryl: (800)223-0182 All children's products are gluten free. They track ingredients, but I don't think they test products.

Pediacare: (877)895-3665 Do not track outside ingredients.

Tylenol/Motrin: (888)466-8746 Gluten free lists are of RANDOM products that were tested. Not all products are tested, but none of their (children's) products have gluten added. They also track outside ingredients. Just because one flavor of Tylenol cold is on the gluten free list, does not mean the other varieties are not gluten free.

Tis the season...

mouth Enthusiast
I just went on a company calling spree. Here are my results:

Robitussin/Dimetapp: (800)762-4675 Do not track outside ingredients, so they have no idea if any of their products are gluten free.

Triaminic: (800)KIDS-987 All products are gluten free. (When I called them last March they gave me a short list of gluten free products, so I will be calling them back to double check.)

Banadryl: (800)223-0182 All children's products are gluten free. They track ingredients, but I don't think they test products.

Pediacare: (877)895-3665 Do not track outside ingredients.

Tylenol/Motrin: (888)466-8746 Gluten free lists are of RANDOM products that were tested. Not all products are tested, but none of their (children's) products have gluten added. They also track outside ingredients. Just because one flavor of Tylenol cold is on the gluten free list, does not mean the other varieties are not gluten free.

Tis the season...

Dear Jenny

this is very odd because i have called triaminic 2 times now. The Purple bottle- NIGHT TIME COUGH AND COLD- IS NOT GLUTEN FREE.

I WENT WAS TOLD THAT THE TYLENOL GRAPES SUSPENSION - ACTUALLY ALL HAVE BEEN REFORMULTATED- THAT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN TESTED YET.. ON THE GLUTEN FREE.COM SITE- THE DRUG LIST PAGE- IT IS LISTED- AND I SENT A LETTER AND WHAT I WROTE ABOVE IS WHAT THE DR. WAS TOLD..

I SWEAR, IT DEPENDS WITH SOME COMPANIES WHO YOU SPEAK WITH - I WAS TOLD ROBITUSSEN WAS SAFE.. SEE? THIS REALLY STINKS WHEN 2 PPL CAN CALL AND GET 2 DIFFERENT ANSWERS.. GLGL AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN

LYNN

JennyC Enthusiast
Dear Jenny

this is very odd because i have called triaminic 2 times now. The Purple bottle- NIGHT TIME COUGH AND COLD- IS NOT GLUTEN FREE.

I WENT WAS TOLD THAT THE TYLENOL GRAPES SUSPENSION - ACTUALLY ALL HAVE BEEN REFORMULTATED- THAT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN TESTED YET.. ON THE GLUTEN FREE.COM SITE- THE DRUG LIST PAGE- IT IS LISTED- AND I SENT A LETTER AND WHAT I WROTE ABOVE IS WHAT THE DR. WAS TOLD..

I SWEAR, IT DEPENDS WITH SOME COMPANIES WHO YOU SPEAK WITH - I WAS TOLD ROBITUSSEN WAS SAFE.. SEE? THIS REALLY STINKS WHEN 2 PPL CAN CALL AND GET 2 DIFFERENT ANSWERS.. GLGL AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN

LYNN

Yes, it is frustrating! If I'm unsure I call companies multiple times to talk to multiple people. Like I said, I plan on calling Triaminic again--I don't believe them! On the gluten-free list from Tylenol there was a blurb about how some grape and very very berry strawberry flavors have been reformulated and have not yet been tested. Even with these reformulations, they do not expect to find gluten in them. All their ingredients are gluten free. What they're really testing against is any possible cross contamination. Out of all the brands I trust Tylenol the most. I will likely stick to their products. On top of not using gluten ingredients, they test random products for cross contamination.

I think I'll call Walmart and get a list of their medications as well. They sell their brand of Robitussin like products. Tylenol does not have products containing expectorants, and sometimes those medications are very helpful.

mouth Enthusiast
Yes, it is frustrating! If I'm unsure I call companies multiple times to talk to multiple people. Like I said, I plan on calling Triaminic again--I don't believe them! On the gluten-free list from Tylenol there was a blurb about how some grape and very very berry strawberry flavors have been reformulated and have not yet been tested. Even with these reformulations, they do not expect to find gluten in them. All their ingredients are gluten free. What they're really testing against is any possible cross contamination. Out of all the brands I trust Tylenol the most. I will likely stick to their products. On top of not using gluten ingredients, they test random products for cross contamination.

I think I'll call Walmart and get a list of their medications as well. They sell their brand of Robitussin like products. Tylenol does not have products containing expectorants, and sometimes those medications are very helpful.

SEND ME EMAIL.. MY EMAIL IS mightymouth1234@aol.com.

i will send you the letter that i just got !!!!!!!!

IN THE SUBJECT PUT UMM... U'R NAME AND CELIAC.COM AND I WILL KNOW WHO IT IS AND THAT ITS NOT SPAM.

LYNN

lynn

Archived