5 replies to this topic

#1 mamaloca2

mamaloca2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

My husband has not been diagnosed w/ celiac, but has it in the family and both our kids have it. He recently developed a rash on his forehead on both sides, and on both sides of his nose. There is a little on his chest. The rash is red and if he doesn't exfoliate and moisturize it is very dry and flakey. It is very noticeable and not going away. My question is, even though the rash is not charactoristic of DH, could it still be from Celiac Disease?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:52 AM

Sounds more like psoriasis.

richard

#3 confused

confused

Just cause i cant have gluten doesnt mean im dying

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

I have Dh on my face and it is driving me nuts, i have been gluten free for months and it gets somewhat better then i goluten myself and it comes back full force. I cant do dapsone cause im severly anemic. If it looks like an butterfly rash tho it is lupus. I only have it on one side of my face so it has been confirmed Dh not lupus. I also have it on my butt and legs and arms tho.

If its not Dh, it could be an allergic raction to some form of food, i know soy, gluten and a few others can cause an rash.

I hope this helps some.

It could also be roaacia, i think that is common on the forehead but dont quote me on that one.

The best bet would be to go to a dermatologist and find out for sure.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free
on low carb/low sugar diet

#4 Celena

Celena

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

My husband has not been diagnosed w/ celiac, but has it in the family and both our kids have it. He recently developed a rash on his forehead on both sides, and on both sides of his nose. There is a little on his chest. The rash is red and if he doesn't exfoliate and moisturize it is very dry and flakey. It is very noticeable and not going away. My question is, even though the rash is not charactoristic of DH, could it still be from Celiac Disease?

i would say yes. but i am definitely no expert. my DD1 has off and on face rashes that when are at their worst are dry and flaky. all her rashes are food related. gluten is definitely one thing that causes rashes in her--she is yet untested for celiac tho. other foods definitely cause rashes too. corn is a bad one and egg whites too.

hth, take care :)

#5 wowzer

wowzer

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

Sounds like my forehead. I'm sure I am getting CC somehow. If my son didn't work in 2 pizza places, it sure would make my life easier. I just realized he plunks down at the computer when he gets home from work. I now am cleaning the desk, keyboard, mouse and chair before I get on it. We are going to have another talk here.

#6 LoriC

LoriC

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:29 AM

I was diagnosed with DH late August and have been on dapsone and a gluten-free diet since then..within a month or so, my rash pretty much disappeared..then 3 weeks ago, it appeard on my forehead (which it was never there before) I was puzzled, so i changed my makeup and my hair products and it is now going away again..I was never diagnosed with a biopsy tho, my dermatologist just knew thats what it was..I had blood test done from my gastro dr. they came back negative..but he said he knew they probably would being I was on the gluten-free diet already..I also had the gastro problems for 16yrs. those are gone completely! I guess my suggestion would be to look at your hair products and your lotions, moisturizers, makeup, etc..... Hope this helps, Lori

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: