This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gfcf Cookbook

confused

confused Community Regular

I think i might be posting this in the wrong section if so please move lol. I need an really good Gluten-free Casein-free cookbook. I have a few gluten-free books but it is hard to convert to cf and sf also. I tried biscuits with almond milk and they flopped. So i was hoping to find an cookbook that will show me what to subsitiute for milk.

thanks

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sugarmag Newbie

Well, I don't have any suggestions, but I'll be watching this thread too! I know that some of my substitutes haven't turned out so well either!

Guhlia Rising Star

Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults by Connie Saros is gluten free, but it has recommendations on how to make things casein free as well. Most of the recipes are naturally soy free as well. :) I've only tried a couple of things from this book, but they were all good.

jerseyangel Proficient

I have and like "Cooking Free" by Carol Fenster, Ph.D.

There are many recipes free of gluten, dairy, eggs and sugar.

Katydid Apprentice

I have just purchased a book called "THE KID-FRIENDLY ADHD & AUTISM COOKBOOK-THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE GLUTEN-FREE, CASEIN-FREE DIET" by Pamela J. Compart, MD and Dana Laake, RDH, MS, LDN

I haven't gotten into it far enough to actually try the recipes yet---still reading; but it seems to be a fairly comprehensive evalutation as to what it is, why it works and how to do it. I bought it to become better versed in the casein-free diet. I have a small gluten free gift basket business and I am starting to get more and more requests for both gluten-free and casein-free.

Hope this helps!

Kay

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Lorka150 from this forum has authored a Gluten-free Casein-free cookbook. "Mission in the Kitchen" is the title, I believe. I think she has a link on her profile page.

lorka150 Collaborator

Yes, that is it. Thanks 2Boys4Me.

You can PM me, also, for details.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sparkles Contributor

There are great gluten-free recipe sites on the internet. Check out Glutenfreeda.com. It has really great tasting recipes! Regular good food that has been adapted to gluten free. I have a notebook filled with recipes from the internet. Google in Gluten Free recipes and see what pops up. some of the sights even have colored pictures showing the food. I like to see what it is supposed to look like so that I can imagine my food with great presentation.

Archived